Wine glasses...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from sbarton22

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kirkfranks

I did a set a couple years ago. They came out good for a novice turner.
I purchased the special glassbond adhesive they recommend, but it is probably just regular 100% silicone adhesive.

Rick P

Matching set with stopper headed to my freind that owns the ring of fire meadery in Homer AK. Thanks very much for the gift idea!

I make them pretty regularly, but not the bulbs from CSUSA.... at $4 to $6 per glass, not a lot of room for profit... initially I went to local good will and picked up wine glasses at $0.50 each, but found that some of them were stained or not as clear as I wanted.... now I go to a local store in Knoxville - Carolina Pottery - and buy a case or half case of glasses and cut the stems off myself... usually wind up with about $1 to $2 per glass.

Also saw some in Big Lots last time I was in there... didn't get them, didn't need any... also saw a set of 8 and 12 at Ross yesterday when shopping with LOML.... they figured out to be about same price as Carolina Pottery... didn't need any so left without.

Here is a couple of sets I've done recently.

And I don't use the glass glue from CSUSA... it never sets hard and the bulbs can be pulled off the stems... I just use a 5 minute epoxy.

Attachments

• 40-1293_0.JPG
    40-1293_0.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 40-1301_0.JPG
    40-1301_0.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 40-1302_1.JPG
    40-1302_1.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 130
Top Bottom