William Cavanaugh surgery UPDATE 1/2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of you know that William will be undergoing surgery tomorrow, (scheduled for 8AM) to remove a portion of his lung due to a tumor. I am certain that he and his wife Nancy, (who just returned from Kuwait in Nov) will appreciate your prayers. Will try to keep everyone posted as soon as I hear.

JUST RECIEVED THIS FROM NANCY
William was in surgery for about 5 hours and is now out and in ICU and doing fine. He is on a lot of medication and feeling no pain which is what the doctor wants. We only stayed with him for about 15 minutes before he got tired and we had to leave. He is flirting with the nurses and asking for football on the tv so he is doing well. They only had to remove the upper lob and not the whole lung which is a good thing. Everything was sent to pathology to be biopsy and we will get the results in a couple of days. When he gets moved to a room I will send out his address and room number. They expect him to be in the hospital anywhere from 4 to 7 days. Thank you all for being concerned, I know he really appreciates it and so do I. I will keep in touch.
Nancy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Pastor, thanks for the reminder. William, best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. I'm sure with Nancy by your side, you'll get excellent care!

Ron Mc

William,
My family will pray for a speedy recovery for you. We will also pray that the surgeon's are given all of the wisdom that is needed.

Rudy Vey

William, you will be definately in Wendy and my thougths today for your surgery and for the future we wish you a very speedy recovery and hope that everything will be ok with you!!
Rudy

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
UPDATE FROM NANCY CAVANAUGH:
Hello Everyone,
William was in surgery for about 5 hours and is now out and in ICU and doing fine. He is on a lot of medication and feeling no pain which is what the doctor wants. We only stayed with him for about 15 minutes before he got tired and we had to leave. He is flirting with the nurses and asking for football on the tv so he is doing well. They only had to remove the upper lob and not the whole lung which is a good thing. Everything was sent to pathology to be biopsy and we will get the results in a couple of days. When he gets moved to a room I will send out his address and room number. They expect him to be in the hospital anywhere from 4 to 7 days. Thank you all for being concerned, I know he really appreciates it and so do I. I will keep in touch.
Nancy

Just recieved this so wanted to post it.
To All,
William is doing very well. He is sitting up in a chair and they have him walking the hall three times a day. He likes the food and can eat anything he wants. I haven't heard when they are going to move him into a room. Maybe we will get an idea tomorrow. I printed out your emails and took them to the hospital for him to read. I'll let you know more when I find out. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
Nancy

Here is Thursday's update. Notice that Nancy takes copies of all emails, etc to William. So w/ over 2K members, we could really do some damage [}:)]
<b>To All,
William continues to get stronger. He is walking 4 times a day up and down the hall. He is doing everything the doctors and nurses tell him. He says so he can get home faster. The following information is concerning contacting him.
Flowers and Balloons: Patients in the CVSU may not have fresh flowers in their rooms until 48 hours after surgery. Silk flower arrangements are permitted. Plants with soil or live fish are NOT allowed. Latex balloons are NOT allowed, however, mylar balloons are.
His address is as follows: Williamsport Hospital 777 Rural Ave Williamsport, PA 17701 Room 283 CVSU. He would love to get cards and pictures of pens (I'm sure). The doctor has not said how much longer he will be in the hospital but as soon as I find out I will let everyone know.
I take everyone's emails over to him daily to read to him so please keep sending.
Nancy
</b>

woodwish

I read the list of what's allowed and what's not. Appears that organic stuff is a no-no but inorganic is OK, so let's send him a mini-lathe and some acyrlic pens to turn instead of wood. Should be OK?

William, you are still in our prayers but as you get better the nursing staff will probably require more of our prayer time [;)]

PenWorks

Yea, I just bought him a nice floral arrangement with Latex ballons with a cute little gold fish swimming inside the balloon. I guess I'll keep it [:D]

Get well and get out-a-there William ! [:)]

Latest update 12/31
Just called Nancy about William to get an update. She is extrememly tired of course, the hospital is a good distance from their house (across 2 mountains) and they had snow.

William was not having a good day today. DRs thought he might come home tomorrow but the drainage is not clear enough yet. ALso the pain meds are causing some probs. The are hoping for Monday or Tuesday to be discharged. Continue to pray for his recuperation.

Nancy was running a network wire to the bedroom so William can use the laptop when he gets home.

airrat

Nancy forget the network wire. Get an extension cord for the lathe and a way to pick up the wood chips.

Glad to hear its going "well". Pain meds suck lol either toooooooooooooooooOOOOOOooOOOoOOoOOOOOO good or not good enough.

Hurry home William so your wife can get some rest.

TomServo

Originally posted by pastorbill1952
<br />Just recieved this so wanted to post it.
To All,
William is doing very well. He is sitting up in a chair and they have him walking the hall three times a day. He likes the food and can eat anything he wants. I haven't heard when they are going to move him into a room. Maybe we will get an idea tomorrow. I printed out your emails and took them to the hospital for him to read. I'll let you know more when I find out. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.
Nancy

Take him a beer for me! :)

This came this AM which is better than my attempts to explain.
To All,
They took out Williams' epidural and the other machine he had to help with pain management so things are not going as well as the first few days after surgery. He is trying to keep his spirits up but has some down times too. The doctor thought him might be able to come home today but it is not looking that way. Maybe tomorrow. He is ready to get out of there although he says everyone there has been wonderful taking care of him. I will spend most of the day there today and will let you know how he is doing.
Happy New Year!

THi All,

I am home, and that is great. My strength and energy are not great at the moment, so personal emails and answers will have to wait a few days. Anyway, I am on Percocet so my typing skills are not up to par. Thanks to all for your notes of support to Nancy. She had a tough job the last several days, part of which is fuzzy for me.

Thanks again,

William
HE LATEST NEWS

Dario

Great news! I am happy that you are getting better everyday! Don't worry, there are lots of people praying for you [:)].

Your get well present will have to wait until you are really well. Drop me a note when you can turn again...this way you have more to look forward to after recovery [;)].

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Actually, I believe he fought the doctors to get home early..... something to do with forum members offering to help Nancy inventory his wood supply... Now, I don't know who near him would have made that offer.... but it was suggested... [}:)][}:)][}:)]

Glad you are home William....

And BTW Nancy... that offer still stands... [:p][:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom