Will theese colors work??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

splinter99

I went to micheals today and got the resin and catalyst
I found theese powdered color pigments.Pearl Ex pordered pigments. 12 little jars for $24.99 and they have two different sets..I had 2 50% off coupons so I got them both
Here is a link to there site

http://www.jacquardproducts.com/pearlex.php

20079402839_pigments.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stevers

From what I understand, any powder will work in PR. I picked up some random glitter at JoAnn's and it works fine.
If you can't use them, send my way.[:D][:D][:D]

mick

Harold, those work great! You might want to look around there's a 3rd series with even mre colors like black and orange...I've yet to find those at Michaels but you can find em on eBay or go to www.MrArt.com.

Draken

Those will work just fine. You can find the full color line at www.djhobby.com, search for: Pearl EX
And not all types of glitter will work in PR. I've tried some that just melted, much like some of the plastic mixing cups melt. It wasn't pretty.

gothycdesigns

So when mixong these pigments, how much are you/anyone adding to the PR. Since the bottles look really small, don't you go thru them very fast. Unless this stuff a little goes a long way. I recently got a some resin from Michaels, the Cast'n Craft type, but was recently told not to use it.

I have heard epoxies like Easy Flo 60 works well, anyone use that before. A dealer close to me has this + the pigments or it. But the pigmants are spendy, like $19.00 - $25 for a 2oz bottle or something like it. But they said a small drop can be enough depending on size of project. I explain penmaking of using the resin/epoxies and they said, should only need 2-6 drops to mix well.

So I am at a loss on which too use and not too use. And I am very eager to get casting my own blanks. Even for Stoppers.

Later,
Ray K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom