Stevers "Day-Lilly" casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefyter-emt

Steve and I have been talking back and forth about a custom blank for my mother in law who is a hortoculturalist and breeds day lillys.

Anway, this was the "casting failure" that Steve had posted about the other day in regaurds to the lables. I have one of the "good blanks" turned almost to size, but I am awaiting some cigar pens from BB before I can measure them and finish turn the blanks.

I turned the failed blank to "test spin" the casting to see if there would be any problems first and they are great. For me it seemes like my 1" skew wanted to "dig in" if I tried to taper off to the left, but not to the right. Most likly myself or the edge, but it's good to know. I tapered to the RT and it worked perfect.

Well Steve... What do you think?? It's hard to really tell with the "good ones" but they seem just fine so far, but they are about 1mm over size and skew turned until I get the kits in. ;)

97071.jpg

Edit: Note, I know the shape stinks on this lower tube, I lost the taper, see above comments. [:I]

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

That is the actual flowers? Very well done! It will be an amazing pen! You did VERY good.

Firefyter-emt

LOL... No Ron, it's just a photo / art print I found on the net. I figured the art print might help hide any printing issues over a normal photo. Plus, it was tall and skinny, not an easy image to find!

All the hard work goes to Steve though, I just turned them down. He is the one that put them togather, Ummm.. twice! [;)]

stevers

Let us know when you have one finished. We'll be waiting with baited breath.
Meantime, I have another project in the works. I'll let you know how it works soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom