Which HF Powder Coat system

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TBone

Not sure of the gun, I'm guessing #94244. But an FYI...#94244 was just on sale for $59.99. Have also heard good comments about the Eastwood which is on sale for $74.99.

its_virgil

I have and use the #42802 and it is often on sale for $59.99. Print a copy from the website and a local store will honor it. BTW, HF does not have a very good selection of colors and does not have clear powder.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Harbor Freight has 2 different powder coat systems
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94244
and
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=42802

One says it requires 10-30 psi air and the other says 10-15 psi. Other than that, I can see that there any real difference, except the one is half the price.

I know some people use the HF gun, but which one? Or does it matter?

jedgerton

I hate being such a newbie, but can someone tell me what you use the powder coating rigs for? I'm enough of a tool junkie that if I only knew how to use it, I would have to have one [8D]

its_virgil

Originally posted by jedgerton
<br />I hate being such a newbie, but can someone tell me what you use the powder coating rigs for? I'm enough of a tool junkie that if I only knew how to use it, I would have to have one [8D]
My main (and only) use is to clear powder coat rifle brass. I use the rifle brass as pen parts(turotial article in the library). Others do also. Some have PCed pen parts, made pens from 6061 alumninum and PCed the alumninum (tutorial on home page), and there are probably other uses. I hope this helps.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom