Where to get cedar lumber for outdoor furniture?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Padre

Padre

This may sound like a really dumb question, but: where does one buy cedar to build outdoor furniture with? Lowes/Home Depot sell the cedar decking, the local wood shop sells aromatic and special cedar.

Any help would be appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Atherton Pens

Try a REAL lumber yard. The big boxes will probably not have it and if they special order it will be really expensive. Most true contractor supply yards will have it.

ctubbs

Chip, try the Amish or Mininites in your area. They will have a sawmill and cut some really good wood. They should have what you are looking for.
Charles

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Parkerville Wood Products in Manchester sells 4/4 Western Red Cedar for $10.44/bf. Aromatic Cedar for $2.90/bf and Spanish Cedar in 4/4 all the way up to 12/4 for between $6/bf (4/4) to $6.88 (12/4)

greggas

Most real lumber yards will have cedar. If you need a large qty try Downes and Reader or Boston Cedar, Both in Stoughton, MA they will ship throughout New England

JerrySambrook

Chip
In Enfield is a great place called Connecticut Wood Group.

I Use them VERY OFTEN for rough lumber.

If you want, we can meet there, I will introduce you to Dave, and we can take the lumber up to the house and prep it

call

Dudley Young

This may sound like a really dumb question, but: where does one buy cedar to build outdoor furniture with? Lowes/Home Depot sell the cedar decking, the local wood shop sells aromatic and special cedar.

Any help would be appreciated.
Make my Adirondack chairs out of eastern white non atomic cedar from Home Depot.

Woodlvr

Man I live on the wrong side of the country. I love Cedar and would love to find rough lumber locally. I will have to start looking for a sawmill in the area,.

Padre

Jerry Sambrook found a guy in CT, so did Andrew. Thanks all!! :)

Top Bottom