Where to find stabilising product in Scotland?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcgolov

Hi every one. I am hoping that some members will be able to help me. For weeks I have been looking for stabilising blanks properly but I can't get anywhere. The focus it seems is Cactus Juice. However here in Scotland, we can't get it or we need to pay a huge amount to import it. I have subsequently tried many wood hardener products (B&Q & Amazon being my main source) without any results. I have read about Boiled Linseed oil so I order a gallon. In many posts & videos I have looked into there seem to be a consensus that this is only part of the solution, and there is a resin that must be added alongside some thinner. Being in Scotland, and not having any access to well known products, is there someone that can help solve my problem? what products can add to the Linseed oil to harden my pen blanks.
Many thanks and sorry for re-activiting an old debate.
Jean Claude

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcgolov

Many thanks. Just got some Stick Fast.... ! gallon of it so lots of cooking ahead during the holidays!

howsitwork

I've gone with cactus juice but cost is high! Setting up vacuum options currently. If you warm the 24hr araldite(precision) it turns to water like consistency but cures faster too. I've used it to gap fill in bowl blanks. Also in model aircraft but that's off topic.

Update us on results.

Top Bottom