What do you look like? 1/27/06 update

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
My turn, I guess...

This is my fiance and I with 20 min. worth of fish - the only reason we Canadians put up with the cold, is because the fishing is so darned good! :)

200811264822_Copy%20of%20DSCF2823.jpg

GBusardo

Andrew, nice catch! Whe I first seen your screen name, I figured you were an older guy like me who remembers "Get Smart" That was a great show. Now, why did you pick that name?

Originally posted by maxwell_smart007

My turn, I guess...

This is my fiance and I with 20 min. worth of fish - the only reason we Canadians put up with the cold, is because the fishing is so darned good! :)

200811264822_Copy%20of%20DSCF2823.jpg

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Originally posted by GBusardo

Andrew, nice catch! Whe I first seen your screen name, I figured you were an older guy like me who remembers "Get Smart" That was a great show. Now, why did you pick that name?

Would you believe that I watched Get Smart all through Junior High
and High School...Along with the original black-and-white Fugitive!

I used to run home after school, watch Get Smart, and then run back for basketball practice....now that's dedication! :) The screen name
is based off of the email account I had since high school - back when
email accounts were just starting to catch on, probably!

As for the catch - I had a 20 inch Walleye on the stringer too, but he
flipped up and snapped open the stringer and escaped - that's why he
got so big, I guess! :D

ahoiberg

karl, music came first, then woodworking. now i'll have to build me a banjo one day...

and don't worry, all banjo jokes are dorky. :)

drawknife

Heres one for our friends across the big pond. A photo of my wife JoAnn and myself on "holiday". If you are in the UK can you tell where this is?

2008122244_DSCN3735_sm.jpg

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by edman2

Here is one dear to my heart. A kiss from my precious daughter on her wedding day. I got to perform the ceremony.

20081217352_0011394_Copy%20of%20DSC_0400_001_1.jpg

What a wonderful photo. Perhaps one of the best we have given the story that goes along with it! Very very nice.

- can you tell I am a sap or what ..

[:X]

badger

Originally posted by drawknife

Heres one for our friends across the big pond. A photo of my wife JoAnn and myself on "holiday". If you are in the UK can you tell where this is?

Bath. Love that city, you're at the roman bath, when we visited that side of the ocean, we spent our first two days there. Great place to start!

drawknife

Originally posted by badger

Bath. Love that city, you're at the roman bath, when we visited that side of the ocean, we spent our first two days there. Great place to start!
Yeah thats right, do I look out of place enough..;)
(looking around me thinking,, why isn't anyone getting in.).......

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Originally posted by MLKWoodWorking

Originally posted by edman2

Here is one dear to my heart. A kiss from my precious daughter on her wedding day. I got to perform the ceremony.

What a wonderful photo. Perhaps one of the best we have given the story that goes along with it! Very very nice.

- can you tell I am a sap or what ..

[:X]

Thanks Linda. I am blessed with a beautiful daughter and a great son-in-law!

This picture was taken today on the eve of my father's 80th birthday. That's him on the left. I'm weighing down the right end of the couch. Son_of_Proud_Poppa (13-years old in 13 more days) is sitting between me and my father, and that's my 18-month old grandson in my left arm.

BruceK

2008255050_me3.jpg

Here I am looking to dig up some money to pay for all the blanks and other goodies I have purchased in the 2+ months since I have become a member here. Actually this is an action shot of me at work. Someone has to do it!

Bruce -

Thanks for the compliment on the four generations. The good Lord willing, my second grandson is scheduled to arrive during the first week in May.

Son_of_Proud_Poppa (a/k/a Stewart) is a penturner. Here's a link to some of his work: http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31530. As a matter of fact, he owns the lathe. (But, I own everything else, including the roof over his head and three meals per day, so he understands the value of sharing and I get plenty of time on it.)

alamocdc

Posted - May 01 2007 : 09:49:18 AM US Eastern Time
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chuck - I was ready to do that some time ago, but I got sidetracked.

So, everyone, let's give this a try...

Send me one photo you'd like to have in the mug shots album.

1- Make it a jpg, no larger that 600px in the largest dimension, cropped as you want it posted.

2- Name the file username.jpg, where "username" is your member name here. If you have one of the old usernames which includes spaces, replace those with underscores.

3- Include a short description.

4- email your photo to photos at penturners dot org

Jeff, did anything come of this? I'm afraid that some of us forgot about it, but I think it's worthy of resurrection.

RMB

Finally decided to get mine up. This was taken the day after I proposed, about 5 months ago.

The beautiful girl on the left is my Fiance (I wonder what she's so happy about?[:p]), in the center is her(our) purebred North American Brown Dingus, Eleanor Rigby, and I'm on the right.
tn_dingus.jpg

And here's me in 30 years:
Originally posted by johnson
108110804.jpg

I've got the hair, the beard will take some time. I also plan to donate my hair when its too long, right about the time it gets to my butt. Or whenever the lathe decides to take it off, probably an urban legend, but I've heard of scalping incidences.

And Spike is right! You guys are old... so be quick about passing your knowlege onto us young'ns! Thanks.

Armacielli

Yeah, I'm pretty popular. I know people.
MeRobandAdam.jpg

my smile was still a little paralyzed from my stroke

This is a more recent shot of my friend Wade and I on our last day of High school shop

lastday023.jpg

drayman

Originally posted by drawknife

yep, that is definately bath. hope you enjoyed yourselves.

RogerGarrett

Originally posted by karlkuehn

Better late than never! Here's my mug, and what-not! Notice the high-tech dust-collection system in the background. Oh yeah, giant fan pointed out the window...I'm super professional, ya know...heh

Karl_20071022_500.jpg

Hey! It's Biff - from Back to the Future! And I'm doing a group buy with this dude????[}:)];):D

Best,
RG

DocStram

Originally posted by RogerGarrett

Originally posted by karlkuehn

Better late than never! Here's my mug, and what-not! Notice the high-tech dust-collection system in the background. Oh yeah, giant fan pointed out the window...I'm super professional, ya know...heh

Karl_20071022_500.jpg

Hey! It's Biff - from Back to the Future! And I'm doing a group buy with this dude????[}:)];):D

Best,
RG

See? That's just another reason why the "What Do I Look Like Forum" should be shut down. ;):D

karlkuehn

Banned
"Oh, that's about as funny as a screen door on a battleship."

They used to call me Biff at one of the restaurants where I used to work...I got each and every one of them, too...[}:)]

Biff wasn't taller, he wore lifts in his loafers.

Top Bottom