Welcome to the PMG DCBluesman!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mudder

Wandering through the PMG membership list I saw that my good friend Lou Metcalf was accepted into the PMG today!

Congratulations Lou!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Copngrats, Lou!!

I thought you got in several months ago-shows what I know (or don't know).

Let's see the winning entry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its_virgil

Congratulations Lou! Missed you in Provo. Hope to see you there next time. Looking forward to seeing you submission pen. I know you will be a contributing member. Welcome aboard.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks to all. The pen has already been seen here. The "distinguishing" characteristic for the pen is its finish. http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15299

JimGo

Darick,
It's the Pen Maker's Guild. Though characterized differently by different people, it's a group for which entry is obtained by submitting a pen or set of pens. The submitted pen(s) are reviewed by several "elders" who critique it/them on a variety of criteria. Obtaining entry is not trivial by any means - the pen(s) must basically be be exceptional all around. There aren't TOO many members, though their ranks are growing. It's a huge recognition of the caliber of pens Lou, and the other members, make. We're lucky enough to have several PMG members who also regularly participate here, and I know I've learned a lot from them all, and especially Lou (we meet in person fairly often).

Check out http://www.penmakersguild.com/ for more info.

elody21

congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great Job!!!
Alice

Deere41h

Congratulations Lou..... Welcome to the PMG. I really like your submission pen and would like to learn more about how you applied the finish. Look forward to your participation in the PMG.

BigRob777

Lou,
It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Way to go! Talk about humble, you didn't even tell me in your last e-mail. That is an awesome pen!!! I hope you bring it up sometime. I knew you'd make it there. Ya got skilz!
Rob

rgundersen

So being very new to this site I am doing my best to read lots.

From my basic understanding and looking at the PMG site it is a huge credit to you Lou and I must say congrats.

I have seen urushi a couple of different times and have watched a show or two about it on PBS, it is incedible.

Here is a link if anyone is still reading the older posts and is interested in understanding more on the process, http://www.stutler.cc/pens/wajima/urushi.html

Again, Congrats
-Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom