warm wishes to everyone getting hit by BLIZZARD 2011

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

airrat

I know most of us warmer climate folks rib you snowbirds about snow this time of year. But I do hope everyone is staying safe and warm during this storm.

One good thing you all get that my son does not and I had to explain to him.

SNOW DAYS!!!!!!! :biggrin:

stay safe all

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

shull

I'm about ready tor the Steelers and Packers to go back home and take this weather with them. 12 degrees this morning and the ground is a solid sheet of ice. I can't even get my shop (garage) warm enough to glue up blanks:frown:

IPD_Mrs

LOL - how did your son take that bit of news? Tell him this extra piece - the kids "often" have to make up those days. If the state doesn't wave the days then they will have snow day make ups on either Saturdays or after the end of the schedule year close (extended year). At this rate my sister's children could be in class year round this year :frown:.
On another note - my company which "NEVER CLOSES" had to do so today. I have been there 12 years and this is only the 2nd time they have actually ever closed up shop. 3rd time in 20+. Which means I do NOT have to use a PTO day today like I had to do yesterday :smile-big::biggrin::tongue::)

Hope everyone is keeping warm and playing it safe as much as they possibly can.

Mrs.

Rob73

They shut down everything here yesterday before the storm even hit. The temp here is not to bad yet but by tonight were supposed to have -20 to -30 wind chill. I'll be with Shull -- I wont be gluing up anything in the shop even with a 100K btu torpedo. I'll be sitting inside playing some computer games for the next couple days I think ;)

Last edited:

airrat

Mrs. Linda, he actually said he wanted to go to school so he could see his friend and play. He is only 5 so it is still a novelty to him. I give him a couple more years till that wears off. hahaha

louie68

well I just got my TV, Phone< internet back its been down since 4:00pm last night, But good thing is we did not lose our electric !!!!!! Thank God.
But tonight our temp will be -7 below OUCH!!!
I did get my drive plow out with 3-4ft drifts
Rockton, ILLinois

OH forgot we got 16" of SNOW Last Night

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom