Oklahoma is closed!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Well the blizzard hit here in Shawnee we got 9 inches so far and 50 mile gusts of wind, we're told 3-5 more inches coming and the wind to continue all day..

wizard

Roy, I can't imagine what a blizzard looks like..never seen one...Roy... be safe, stay inside and stay warm. I know the front is headed to Texas. The National Weather Service says we may have snow in Houston:eek:. Regards, Doc

airrat

I may give you all a hard time when I tease you about wearing shorts when you are getting the blizzards. But I sure do not look forward to going into work. The airport is going to be a mess when I get there. Last night was no fun. When I got to work we had just canceled Kansas city, St Louis and Indianapolis. Then we had diversions to deal with that were not going to go there anymore since the airports closed or/others were closing due to ice issues.

its_virgil

6 inches here in Wichita Falls. 30+ mph winds. 14 degrees. Still snowing but ending by noon. All day in the shop...heat on at 70 degrees.:biggrin::biggrin: Now I have one more day to get ready for the Desert Woodturning Round UP in mid Feb.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

livertrans

Were 90 miles northwest of Chicago and expecting up to 18 inches with 40mph winds. My daughter lives in a Chicago burb and is expecting 20+ inches. Thank goodness for my snowblower. I work nights and plan on calling in sick tonight and tomorrow night. -7 degrees tomorrow night.

leestoresund

Ya know, guys. Two weeks ago Atlanta got iced in. Spent three unexpected happy days in the shop. Finally out to go the the supermarket for a few minutes (shelves almost empty because their suppliers could not get there) and then another day in the shop. And never felt guilty about not going to the office!

Lee

HSTurning

Well we are expecting 3-8" today already have 3-4" on the ground. This is just the first storm. The real storm that you all are talking about will hit tomorrow and we are looking at 20-25" on top of what we get today. Now they are talking about another storm Saturday that maybe as big as tomorrow.
I like the snow. I dont mind the cold (to a point) but this is starting to become a bit stupid. We have atleast another month of this.

sbwertz

It's ALL MY FAULT!!

I come to Okmulgee about 4 times a year to visit my dad. The last 5 trips it has rained all week every time I come (and they are having a drought). I'm in OK now. I'm from Phoenix. I don't DO snow. The bed on dad's truck is overflowing with snow right now. The weather channel says 11 1/2 inches so far. Worst storm in 15 years. I'm expecting a lynch mob of my relatives any time now.

IPD_Mrs

Glad to see you made it through the first round Roy. It was straight ice until at least 12:15 am. We are having a lull right now but it is supposed to hit harder today than it did yesterday so we are all at home waiting to see how bad the "worst" is compared to the horrible we already have. Mike already broke one scraper trying to get the cars out of their ice tombs - sure home we can find another to replace it because these are very NICE scrapers ... Doesn't look good for the next few days here.

As for the airport closings Airrat - don't really think you will be sending us any planes on a regular basis for a day or so - they are forecasting more ice starting today between 12 - 2pm.

Linda

cdbakkum

Hi everyone, It is going to be 31 degrees tomorrow night here in sunny Mesa Arizona . Like Tom from Chandler said ( it's going to be cold) Carl

les-smith

I feel your pain Roy. I just spent an hour and a half clearing the snow drift off the garage door. Just something I always have to do with these snow storms.

This is a lot of snow for us. Our house is in a bad spot for snow drifts.

I tried to take a picture, but all the white snow just washed out the picture. And I really don't want to be out there trying to take a picture.

airrat

Les I thought that white spot below your text was a picture. :eek: OOPS my mistake, had a kids fingerprint on my computer screen. :biggrin:

Scott

No snow for us! It's bright and sunny here today, and no wind. Of course it's about 9 degrees out today, but we just haven't been getting the snow around here like we used to. I feel for you all in the rest of the country while dealing with this severe storm!

But it could be worse! Think of Queensland Australia where they're facing a Cat 5 Cyclone right now. I think I'll be satisfied with my 9 degrees and sunny!

Scott.

les-smith

I just had the joy of going out to fixmy fence befor ethe wind blew it down. Pulled the screws right our of the pole. The wind is killer.

OKLAHOMAN

Les. My heater is in my attic, one of the horizontal gas heaters and with the winds blowing steady 25 MPH and gust up to 50 and dumb me never covering my turbines it has blown my pilot light out 5 times today ( I've had trouble with this the last month but usually it last 2-3 days).......no wonder I had a hard time keeping the house warm.

bitshird

We lucked out so far, they were saying snow and or ice after midnight, but now we are only getting heavy rain, and Tornado watches, that's quite enough for me. I feel bad for all the folks out west, Y'all are getting hammered pretty hard, I hope every one stays warm and safe.

SGM Retired

No white stuff here just rain and some hard hitting winds. Might have some trees go down soon (BlackWalnut, Cherry, and Some Persimmon). I figure about 100,000+ pens worth, might need some help turning these things if it happens. And I can't waite till I get up to my son's house in Maine to hop on a Snow Machine and take a ride.
Gary

Lenny

We are supposed to get a few inches overnight .... then the real stuff STARTS!
One report called for 12-18" tomorrow.... just another day in Maine! (but a good day to stay home and turn) .... at least it's warmed up from the -7 it was the other day! :biggrin:

Boz

We have had freezing rain and sleet since yesterday. Went to work this morning and only two employies showed up. Closed the plant at around 10:30 and came home. Right now I have a nice fire going in the fireplace and a glass of good red wine on the table next to my big leather chair. Let it snow all night I don't care.

Parson

Houston's COLD right now. 37 degrees and it will drop to the low 20s tonight! Plus, we're due for snow on Thursday AND Friday. Folks, this is really frigid weather for what I have termed Houston: Sauna City, USA.

bbuis

Here in Indiana it's been going on forever it seems like. It's just Ice coming down where I'm at but I would have rather had the snow. Atleast I can drive in snow. I was able to make it to the store between spurts of the storm though and decided while I was out I would rather cut the skin off my arm to feed to the animals. LOL. Seriously though anyone having bad weather just stay in and be safe.

It started here this afternoon. Already about 6" on the ground expecting up to 18". Wind gusts are creating some pretty serious drifting issues and only the main highways are seeing any snowplows. I hate winter.

les-smith

Les. My heater is in my attic, one of the horizontal gas heaters and with the winds blowing steady 25 MPH and gust up to 50 and dumb me never covering my turbines it has blown my pilot light out 5 times today ( I've had trouble with this the last month but usually it last 2-3 days).......no wonder I had a hard time keeping the house warm.

Now that really stinks. The cold air is brutal. I can feel it maing our wood flooring cold around the perimeter of the house.

Top Bottom