Walnut counter top

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crashmph

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vtgaryw

It's nice. Walnut is one of my favorite woods, I've used it for trim around counter tops. Not sure I'd want an entire counter around a sink make out of wood.

It's a very nice counter, though he built.

Gary

ianjwebster

I made a bathroom counter top out of maple, walnut, mahogany and oak. Finished it with Rock Hard Table Top varnish. Been in use for about 4 years looks just as good as the day it went in.

Daju

I guess I am a fundamentilist. Wood has no business around water or heat on a counter. Looks pretty new but one hot pan or numerous wettings and it isn't so pretty. The most practical solution is dense natural stone. Closely followed by quartz. Sealed concrete, marble and then maybe Corian. Just my 2 cents worth.

dexter0606

We went the wood route for our bathroom counter but I was concerned about water and humidity so I used 3/4" engineered hardwood flooring on a 3/4" base. Worked perfect

Wingdoctor

Very nice counter top! I have to believe though that putting the top on sawhorses or a real bench would have made the gluing and planning MUCH easier. With my back I could not have worked on the floor.

I would have used a much more durable finish though. Some kind of a spar varnish perhaps and that could have been rubbed with steel wool to kill the shine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom