• Contestant # 1

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • Contestant # 2

Votes: 40 60.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Vic

2017 SUMMER ETRAVAGANZA - 17 & Under Youth Pen Contest

Here are the two entries for the 17 and Under Youth Pen Contest. Both these young competitors did great jobs on their pens. Since there are only the two entrants you must make a hard decision and cast your one vote for your favorite.

Voting is now open and will continue until midnight August 28th. If ther should be a tie, a tie breaker poll be conducted August 29th through Midnight August 31st. The winners will be revealed September 1st, 2017.

Contestant # 1

This Young Gentleman is 13 and has turned about 10-15 pens and is doing all the work on his own now. Logan chose an Osage orange wooden blank and used a fancy gold slimline pen kit. He cut the blank using the bandsaw, prepped the blanks using the drill press, turned and assembled the pen by himself. He applied 2 coats of thin CA to finish the pen prior to assembly.

E01P01.jpgE01P02.jpg

Contestant # 2

This Young Lady is 16 and has been turning pens since January. She loves the look of the flaming box elder wood and paired it with a antique bronze dragon pen kit. She did all the work on the pen by herself with no help. The pen is finished with 2 coats of thin CA and she is still working to perfect her CA finishes.

E02P01.jpgE02P02.jpgE02PO3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mr Vic

Head Up for Voters

It's been brought to my attention that the poll voting buttons are not available on some phone and tablet apps.

If you don't see the radio buttons you'll need to find a PC to vote.

Loucurr

It's been brought to my attention that the poll voting buttons are not available on some phone and tablet apps.

Why do all the other polls work on my iPad and this one doesn't? Something is wrong with the way it was set up.

Mr Vic

Why do all the other polls work on my iPad and this one doesn't? Something is wrong with the way it was set up.

The Poll closed last night at Midnight. Might be why it doesn't work.

Top Bottom