Visiting Dallas, TX

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

I will be visiting Dallas this weekend and have a few hours free on Saturday.

Anyone close to Market Center Blvd. 75207 willing to meet up?

Any place I should visit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DFM

Wood World off of TI blvd north of 635, Curly Woods in McKinney, but it is a little out of the way.

lwalden

first exit after 75N (Central Distressway) when you're eastbound on 635- I believe it is also referred to as Floyd road- its about a mile north of 635.
Originally posted by mrplace
<br />
Originally posted by DFM
<br />Wood World off of TI blvd north of 635, Curly Woods in McKinney, but it is a little out of the way.

Where is TI Blvd?

lwalden

Dario, I may be up in Bonham (about an hour and a half northeast of Dallas) on Saturday installing some cabinets I've been building for a friend, but that's not firmed up yet. If that ends up being a no-go, I'd be happy to meet up with you. I think I at least owe you lunch after the blank swap we did a month ago. I should know for sure by Thursday what scheduling will look like for this weekend.
Originally posted by Dario
<br />I will be visiting Dallas this weekend and have a few hours free on Saturday.

Anyone close to Market Center Blvd. 75207 willing to meet up?

Any place I should visit?

Dario

Originally posted by lwalden
<br />If that ends up being a no-go, I'd be happy to meet up with you. I think <b>I at least owe you lunch </b>after the blank swap we did a month ago.

Not sure about this...I got really great blanks from you, I feel I am the one who owes you.

Would love to meet you if you are free, just let me know!

lwalden

Hugh, where in Roanoke are you? We're pretty much next door neighbors, with me over in Trophy Club. We need to try and get together some time- give me a holler when you get back into town.
Originally posted by HiTekRedNek
<br />I wish that I was going to be in town this weekend. After seeing some of the incredible work that you've posted here, It would be great to meet you.

lwalden

Dario, I've got some flexibility on the cabinet installation- What's the time frame you're going to have free on Saturday?
<br />
<br />If that ends up being a no-go, I'd be happy to meet up with you. I think <b>I at least owe you lunch </b>after the blank swap we did a month ago.

Not sure about this...I got really great blanks from you, I feel I am the one who owes you.

Would love to meet you if you are free, just let me know!

Dario

Lyle,

I would say I am free from 8am to 3pm.

With luck, RonMc might join us too. [:)]

Should we bring some blanks to swap? [;)][:D][}:)]

lwalden

Sounds good to me. Ron, care to join us at anypoint Saturday? And Dario, definetly bring some swap material.......
<br />Lyle,

I would say I am free from 8am to 3pm.

With luck, RonMc might join us too. [:)]

Should we bring some blanks to swap? [;)][:D][}:)]

Dario

Lyle,

Just my cell phone no. email me yours so we can plan.

I'll let you decide where to meet and the sooner you can give me an address the better so I can map it...else I will most likely get lost [:D] LOL

its_virgil

I'm in the metroplex on Saturday....I'm feeling a little hungry myself.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
<br />Hugh, where in Roanoke are you? We're pretty much next door neighbors, with me over in Trophy Club. We need to try and get together some time- give me a holler when you get back into town.
Originally posted by HiTekRedNek
<br />I wish that I was going to be in town this weekend. After seeing some of the incredible work that you've posted here, It would be great to meet you.

Ron Mc

It appears that we will be taking over a restaurant for lunch![:D]
Dario, Lyle and Don it looks like I'll be available for a lunch gathering on Saturday. Lyle, I'd like to take a look at the Cobalt Blue dyed curly maple. Don, I'll bring your SWAT pen kits. Dario, I can't wait to see all the Amboyna Burl your bringing![:D]

lwalden

Ron, I'll bring some of the curly and birdseye both. Don, where will you be starting from? Will you already be in the metroplex Saturday, or headed that way from Wichita Falls? I'm trying to talk Dario into letting me drag him out to my place that morning before lunch (gives me an opportunity to try and steal a march on y'all for the blank swap, if I'm successful!![}:)][}:)])If that works for Dario, we'd be heading back towards Dallas from out by the Texas Motor Speedway north of Fort Worth. We've got a ton of options available for a spot to meet for lunch, just need to figure out what will work best given where everyone will be starting from.
Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />It appears that we will be taking over a restaurant for lunch![:D]
Dario, Lyle and Don it looks like I'll be available for a lunch gathering on Saturday. Lyle, I'd like to take a look at the Cobalt Blue dyed curly maple. Don, I'll bring your SWAT pen kits. Dario, I can't wait to see all the Amboyna Burl your bringing![:D]

Dario

Lyle, If you are willing to pick me up, I'll take you up on that.

Ron, Would gladly bring some amboyna but I am out (well except for a few personal pieces [;)]). I actually just bought some from Isaac recently but they haven't arrived yet. I hope the ones I brought with me (already in the car so I can got to Dallas straight tonight) please you.

See you guys tomorrow!

its_virgil

Lyle, Ron, and Dario:
I'm in Itasca, 50 mi. south of FW on I35W and heading back to Wichita Falls on Sat. I'm stopping in Burleson in the morning to visit another penturner and headed to Cabelas on the way home. So, somewhere in the motor speedway area or close to Trophy Club would work out great for me. I didn't bring any blanks with me, oh yea, I may have a snake or two crawling around in the truck[:D]
Let me know where when the decision is made.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
<br />Ron, I'll bring some of the curly and birdseye both. Don, where will you be starting from? Will you already be in the metroplex Saturday, or headed that way from Wichita Falls? I'm trying to talk Dario into letting me drag him out to my place that morning before lunch (gives me an opportunity to try and steal a march on y'all for the blank swap, if I'm successful!![}:)][}:)])If that works for Dario, we'd be heading back towards Dallas from out by the Texas Motor Speedway north of Fort Worth. We've got a ton of options available for a spot to meet for lunch, just need to figure out what will work best given where everyone will be starting from.
Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />It appears that we will be taking over a restaurant for lunch![:D]

Ron Mc

There are a lot of restaurants over by the Bass Pro Shop. Lyle since that is your side of the world just let us know what restaurant and time.

lwalden

Just around the corner from the Bass Pro shop is a restaraunt called Love and War in Texas (I understand the owner went through a rough divorce, and believes one leads to the other [}:)][B)][}:)]). There's actually a strip of shops and restaurants between the Grapevine Mills mall and Grapevine Mills Parkway, running parallel to 121. Don, From Cabella's your going to want to go east on 170, which will merge into 114. Either hook up with Dario and I in Trophy Club between 11:00 and 11:30, or keep on 114 until you get to 121 North right before the Airport. How's Noon sound for lunch? Take 121 North and Exit for Grape Vine Mills Parkway/Grapevine Mills Mall. The restaraunt will be on the left (west side). Don, my cell is 972.567.6063. Sorry this message is so late- I just got back from Bonham......

Originally posted by Ron M<br />There are a lot of restaurants over by the Bass Pro Shop. Lyle since that is your side of the world just let us know what restaurant and time.

Dario

Lyle,

I will be up by 7am or so...just give me a call when you are ready.

I am staying at:

Doubletree Hotel Dallas Market Center
2015 Market Center Blvd., Dallas
Texas, United States 75207

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom