Georgia IAP Get Together - Bubbaville II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DocStram

Id like to try again to set up a Georgia version of Bubbaville. Sooooo ... I'm testing the waters, so to speak, to see who might be interested.

Who in the Atlanta ... Georgia and surrounding area is interested?

Could we set something up for September?

I live down in Macon, not exactly geographically convenient for a meeting place. Would an IAP Atlanta member be interested in hosting?

This could be a whole lot of fun!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwish

If it was the right weekend I might be able to make it, but it is a 6 hour drive from where I live in the Florida panahandle to Atlanta. Depends on what else is going on at that time but a trip to Atlanta is always fun, plus a chance to put some names with faces!

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
If I am considered worthy, I would like to attend. I understand shoes are optional, and uniform of the day is overalls and NASCAR paraphanalia?

Just kidding, I am out in Covington, GA and anything within 3 hours is ok with me. Let me know, maybe we can all bring some food or something to help the host out......September is fine with me. Spouses invited?

Ron Mc

WOW!!! This is exciting. We now have the Texas Bubbasville group[:D][;)] a Bubbasville East and possibly a Bubbasville GA.! GA???Let's see.....About 6 hours on the road! Nothing for a Texan.[;)]

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
We still planning for this? I have some woodturning classes and things coming up, and just wanted to make sure I put it on the calendar.

clewless

From the page header at http://www.bubbasville.com/

bubbasville is a time and place for those interested in penturning - from beginners thru experienced - to get together and have a good time making shavings, learning tips from each other and enjoying the camaraderie!

bubbasville meets at jeff carrell's shop in hurst tx...everyone is invited...meeting schedule (depends on my work schedule) is the 3rd saturday of each month starting at 9:30AM and the 4th tuesday evening of each month starting at 7:00PM - email me if you need directions or have any questions...

be sure to bring some of your pens, special tools, etc....we all like to share and compare :) we also like to trade wood!

Jeff has been kind enough to offer us (Bubbasville East) space on his web page to post our info soon.

I imagine a whole bunch of little Bubbasvilles poppin' up all over the country...ya all' come...it's great fun.

btboone

We'll make something happen. The only issue with my place is that I don't have many wood specific tools. There couldn't be as much hands on type stuff here. (unless you count the laser or brought your lathes.) I haven't been to Chris's shop yet. I know he's really into the exotic woods and does a great job finishing them. I think we have both been extremely busy with work the last couple months.

DocStram

I'd still like to see us get together. Late September or early October might be better. I'm in Macon but I'll be glad to do whatever needs done to try to make this work. I reckon we need to find a location.

steve542

Ilive in Atlanta and would definitely attend a Bubbasville get together. I am on vacation the early part of September so it would have to be one of the last two weekends for me to attend. I think a meeting would be just great. One of the things I like about pen making is that I can always learn how to do it better.

I would love to attend, never been to one of these, depends on the date. Leave in Nashville GA about 3 hrs away, if done in Macon would really be nice , [:D] just kidding Doc

woodwish

I would try to attend, although Atlanta is about 5.5 hours away. Don't figure I get a group any closer. I realize it's up to whoever is hosting to pick the date but I got a card today from Redmon & Sons to announce that they were having a grand opening of their Rockler associate store on Sept. 22 & 23, which I would also consider going to Atlanta for (discount coupons in hand). It would be nice to work both together.

btboone

I talked to Chris today. Looks like we can have the first one at my place on Saturday, September 23rd. We can start around noon to give anyone traveling a while time to get here. We can play with the laser and 4th axis CNC mill and CNC lathe and the other toys. We can discuss casting, new pen designs, cutting threads, finishing, and all the rest. I'm working on a pretty cool pen that I hope to have complete by then too.

clewless

Hey, alright! Looks like Chapter # 3 is about to get off the ground![:)][:D]

I'm sure Jeff will be contacting you soon with the franchise materials, etc.[}:)][;)]

Now it's up to the midwesterners to get their act together!

Someone might want to post info on the Yahoo penturners...we've got almost equal numbers of each at BV-E sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom