Veterans, Just Curious

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ThomJ

Army 66-69 12B 11th Cav(919th Armored Eng) 39th Eng C Co
Went to the tropical paradise on the tourist plan, even had an RV to ride around in

renowb

I bet you what a M 113 is! I lived in those for a while.

Army 66-69 12B 11th Cav(919th Armored Eng) 39th Eng C Co
Went to the tropical paradise on the tourist plan, even had an RV to ride around in

renowb

M577 for me. Oh and a Gamma Goat when working advance party. Forget the nomenclature though.

I remember those Gamma Goats. They could go anywhere. Mostly M 113 personnel carriers and 551 sheridan tanks for me. I remember i was taking a dump down beside this hill and a gamma goat came roaring by me, scared the %$%T out of me! :)

USAFVET98

Man, I am so proud to have friends like all of you! Thanks to all who have served and still serving. USAF 1998-1998 served just under a year and was injured during a freak training accident!

PTownSubbie

Enlisted in 1985 as a Nuclear trained Electrician's Mate.
Commissioned in 1998 through Officer Candidate School (OCS).
Served in Submarines (Silent Service) my entire career.

Still on active duty with 25+ years of service and counting!!

jasontg99

Navy (Electronic Technician). 1995 to present. Been stationed in Bahrain and Japan. Served on the USS Normandy, and USS Wasp. Still an E-6. Hopefully that changes tomorrow or Thursday!

medemt

USMC Retired, 23 years, E-9,
1976 - 1999

Thank you to all who have served, the families that support us, and especially those who gave their lives for this country.

chiefgreen

Navy (Electronic Technician). 1995 to present. Been stationed in Bahrain and Japan. Served on the USS Normandy, and USS Wasp. Still an E-6. Hopefully that changes tomorrow or Thursday!

Good Luck, Jason! However long it takes to make Chief, IT IS ALL WORTH IT! The best of luck to you.

Caden_Hrabak

I know this doesn't exactly count but i will be enlisting in the Military within 2 months of graduating high school and i will try to become a Marine and if that doesn't work out a navy engineer will do me good as well.

To all who serve have served and have died serving you are honorable and noble people and i hope to join in your ranks and bring you respect and honor.

alphageek

Former Moderator
Thanks all!

Thanks to all who served... A special thanks goes out to my kid brother (rsx1974 here)... Hopefully he'll be back on here in another month or so, when he finishes his tour in Afghanistan. He's active USAF and I have him to thank for introducing me to this site in addition to his service.

PenMan1

I want to personally thank all Active Military and Veterans for all they do and all they have done and the sacrifices they and their families have made for this great country. Military personnel is what keeps this country "Free".

Thanks
Tony

Tony:
I couldn't agree more! I am Air Force. I love America and I love the AF.....

Now, with that said, I live directly over the "training area" for the Warner Robbins Homeland Security Emergency Response Path. I know that protecting our water supply and our hydoelectic supply is paramount.

BUT, the AF could send an e-mail to those of us who live in this area. When F15A's or F22's fly 500 feet over the lakes at Mach II (NEVER ONE PLANE,ALWAYS AT LEAST TWO) it is a powerful force that screams DON'T F..** WITH US!

Unfortunately, I am on my third pair of underwear, today! THEY COULD LET A BROTHER KNOW THAT THIS IS AN EXERCISE AND THE TOWEL HEADS AIN'T ATTACKING!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

shawnmhill

DS1(sw/aw)/ E-6 from 1990-2000. Onboard USS Dwight D Eisenhower CVN-69 from 92'-97. Then instructor duty at the Navy and Marine Corp Intelligence Training Center until discharge. Had 11 full blown asthma attacks in two months, and broke my hip in training accident. They finally said "you gotta go"! Now I'm a DV.

Thanks to all that have served. Wish our brothers and sisters had more support. Pray for our troops.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
USN '07/65-10/'66 Key West test & evaluation detachment (TEVDET) assigned to a landing craft with EOD divers. 10/66-03/'69 USS Nantahala (AO-60) Delivering fuel,ammunition ,stores and mail,at sea,nonstop until all ships in the task force were replinished. Yeh,some hotel! Those were the days.

Last edited:

jocat54

USAF !966 to 1974
E-5 (Staff Sgt)
Civil Engineering
Heavy Equipment Operator

Tony, That wouldn't be England AFB would it?

Last edited:

Tony's Pens

Hey my house is in Warner Robins and right in the flight path for Super Sonice test runs after maintenance. The Sound Barrier is broken at least 3 times or more a week. When I first moved here I just about had a heart attack each time the sonic boom went off. If someone has not experience a sonic boom, its like a 12 gauge shot gun going off 10 foot from where your are standing and never knowing it was going to happen. Now I barely notice it. Well at least I don't need a defibrillator any longer. I have learned to nail the pictures to the wall insteed of hanging them. This way they don fall off during the sonic boom. Look at the link below and I live right smack in the middle of the Sonic Boom flight path.

http://www.robins.af.mil/shared/media/ggallery/hires/AFG-070517-009.jpg

Tony:
I couldn't agree more! I am Air Force. I love America and I love the AF.....

Now, with that said, I live directly over the "training area" for the Warner Robbins Homeland Security Emergency Response Path. I know that protecting our water supply and our hydoelectic supply is paramount.

BUT, the AF could send an e-mail to those of us who live in this area. When F15A's or F22's fly 500 feet over the lakes at Mach II (NEVER ONE PLANE,ALWAYS AT LEAST TWO) it is a powerful force that screams DON'T F..** WITH US!

Unfortunately, I am on my third pair of underwear, today! THEY COULD LET A BROTHER KNOW THAT THIS IS AN EXERCISE AND THE TOWEL HEADS AIN'T ATTACKING!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mr Vic

US Army Sep 74 - Sep 94, UH-1H, Mechanic, Crewchief and Tecnical Inspector as an E5, then UH-1H Pilot, Instructor Pilot, Maintenance Test Pilot and Night Vision Goggle Instructor. Retired as a CW3....Still run outside when I here the whop, whop, whop of rotor blades.

Thanks to all who have, are now and will carry on the torch of freedom.......

Tony's Pens

USAF !966 to 1974
E-5 (Staff Sgt)
Civil Engineering
Heavy Equipment Operator

You are absolutely correct. Alexandria La. England AFB. The base has closed and is now the International Airport and they have divided up the housing into Retirement Villages and Section 8 Homes. We go back their about twice a year to visit my wife's family. 4 years in Lousy-Ana, at least that is what I call it, was enough for me. Only thing good from there is my Coon-ass Wife. She can cook a mean Cajun Chicken Gumbo.

P.S. For those that don't know, Coon-ass is not a dirty word. It is the ethnicity of a true Cajun.

Last edited:

dogcatcher

Still run outside when I here the whop, whop, whop of rotor blades.

I was in the First Cav in Vietnam, made many a flight on the Huey, even have the Air Medal for air assaults. When I hear a chopper I say "pop smoke", wait a minute and say "identify color". When my son was little, he would comeback with "color red". We played that game until after he got out of high school.

jskeen

USAF 1987-1991, 51'st tfw, Osan AB ROK, (that's K55 for those guys who were there the first time around) Biomedical instrumentation - 91850. Desert Shield/Desert Storm, 436 MAW, Dover AFB, DE

mtgrizzly52

Montana National Guard - 1970 through 1989 - 163rd Armored Cav - Ended career as a Major - no regrets on not making the 20, had other things going on in my life that were extremely important.

Rick (mtgrizzly52)

dogcatcher

USAF !966 to 1974
E-5 (Staff Sgt)
Civil Engineering
Heavy Equipment Operator

I landed at England AFB, August 1967, road the Army cattle trucks to Ft Polk, Tiger Land. I "liked" it so much I went back in March, 1968 before shipping out to Vietnam.

markgum

USN, FTM2 SW; (Fire Control Tech Electronics, Surface Warfare) 1976 - 1982 DDG-37 USS Farragut. People ask what was it like, I tell them put a wine bottle cork in the bathtub with a 3 year old and that is what I rode. Tore up my knees, and they said time for you to leave the service.
Thanks to all

Top Bottom