Update to my shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

well here it is, still not painted but I have made several pens in here. the front is the only side completely sided but I am getting the rest of the siding in the next couple of days. I will start insulating and sheetrocking the inside next and then the cabinets and fixtures will happen over the next couple of years. all electrical is up and running and it is a beautiful site to see at night when the interior lights are on.

2006927223232_2003_0116Image0002.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Thumbs

I was thinking much the same, Frank. [:0] But! Then I thought he probably won't be making pens or bowls so big that he can't get them through those doors and then just <b>bounce'em</b> down the steps! I'm sure he built the shop up around the tools he already has (like most of us) and probably won't ever need to buy any more... [}:)][;)]

Daniel

Frank, Nope. I'll have to cross those bridges as I reach them. May have to actually build a ramp up those stairs. When I'm done you will almost be stepping into a pond when you come out that door.
as for my friend.. His name is Rascal and lives up to it. He is only one of the three reasons my tools don't find legs even though there is no lock on the door. Him and his brothers are not yet 6 months old in this picture. I got the lock today though.
I'll take inside pics as soon as it is actually a shop inside. right now it is set up more for building the rest of the shop so there is not much to see but a bunch of building material. it is just far to disrespectful of my tools to show them shoved off to the side like they are right now. but for what I have been used to. there is megga room in there. I have most of my stuff in the back third just cause I can't get used to having the rest of the space. the inside will be a long time in coming as I will take it one small section at a time. but it will be nice and customized to each tool in that area of the shop. to give you an idea. I am looking at spalted maple hardwood flooring for it. nice enough to live in is the idea.

woodwish

Daniel- Your shop looks amazingly similar to mine, but I have about 3 or 4 years ahead of you. After years of working in the garage around cars and kids, as a mid-life crisis I decided to build my dream shop (my wife agreed that a shop was cheaper than a sports car or a young girlfriend - both typical of people we know for their midlife crisis). I treasure my time in the shop, days like today when I get up early and fix a pot of coffee out there. Spent several hours out there in peace and quiet before everyone else gets up, a wonderful refuge. Take your time and plan each step carefully, enjoy your hard work.

Daniel

Ray,
that is really funny. I told someone yesterday "I think my shop is my mid life crisis". it was a joking comment int eh context of talking about what a circus it has become to try and get it finished. I am scrapping the bits and pieces together to get it done now and it is become real work just to get the next alotment of materials. Your post reminded me that I had said that and made me laugh. You are also right in anouther way. I have my head focused on shrugging off the tension I have had all summer and just enjoying it for a while.

Rifleman1776

I'm going to get a new dedicated shop building. My wife wants a raised deck addition to the house. It will be 'only' about 20'X55' on the back and another 10'X30' on one side. She said if she gets that, I can have my shop. Total cost of both projects should be about $45,000.00. And I have $1.86 saved towards it all so far. [:p]
BTW, Daniel, I would need a nice ramp for my shop. Wouldn't be able to get the $5,000.00 Oneway lathe inside any other way. [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom