Union Jack Cutting Board

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from yorkie

yorkie

Just finished this end grain cutting board. Made it out of walnut, hard maple and Padauk. IMG_1109.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KCW

That is awesome! It was also educational, because my OCD side forced me to look up the reason that the flag is not symmetrical.

yorkie

It's end grain, so it should take a beating quite well however, I would think anyone who bought would likely display it or just put cheese and crackers on it for serving purposes.

It was difficult to make with millimeter precise cuts and tenth of a degree accurate template to make, but fun and interesting. I'll probably ask $500-$600 for it.

Excellent work! when I saw the title to the thread I thought "Oh - cross grain. It'll move and self destruct in a month". But, no! End grain! It'll last forever! A great addition to wherever it winds up (I wouldn't sell it).

magpens

It's end grain, so it should take a beating quite well however, I would think anyone who bought would likely display it or just put cheese and crackers on it for serving purposes.

It was difficult to make with millimeter precise cuts and tenth of a degree accurate template to make, but fun and interesting. I'll probably ask $500-$600 for it.

WOW !!! . I hope you get what you ask ... be sure to let us know, please.

Top Bottom