Two natural edge bowls

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from hilltopper46

hilltopper46

I completed a couple of natural edge bowls yesterday.

'Completed' is an interesting word. I decided it was time to quit working on them. I'm not sure it's the same thing.

The darker one with the bark on it is black walnut. I think it is off my daughter and son-in-law's place. The other is buckthorn that I cut out of the back of the acreage we live on.

Attachments

• IMGP4458-1.JPG
    IMGP4458-1.JPG
    152.4 KB · Views: 186
  • IMGP4460.JPG
    IMGP4460.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 185
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RogerH

Wow, those are both gorgeous. Beautiful pieces of wood, and an outstanding job of turning. My preference is for the more traditional shaped black walnut, but the buckthorn is extremely handsome too.

Got a kick out of your comment about the difference between "completed" and "quit working". I hate to admit it, but sometimes in my quest for perfection, my "completed" bowls would have been better if I too had "quit working".

Congrats and beautiful work.

hilltopper46

Thanks for the kind remarks

Good looking bowls buckthorn is an intresting shape

The shape of the buckthorn was driven more by "I wonder if I can make a bowl out of this?" than any sort of design theory or artistic ability (not that I have much to start with)

Got a kick out of your comment about the difference between "completed" and "quit working". I hate to admit it, but sometimes in my quest for perfection, my "completed" bowls would have been better if I too had "quit working".

I glad somebody 'got it'. There's a lot of stuff I have lying around my workshop where I didn't quit working on it as soon as I should have....

Top Bottom