Turkey Calls... My main obsession.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Florida Marine

Two I have made...

One was given to Sen Rob Wittman, great gent who helps out with an organization I work with on Quantico. The Quantico Injured Military Sportsman Association does hunts with wounded warriors from the VA area. We do several turkey hunts, deer and waterfowl hunts over the year.

The other was for the organizer, a friend of mine and retired CWO-3.

DSC00343.jpg

DSC00338.jpg

This one was a trade for some turkey hunting secrets! The little girl in the picture got it for her birthday this month.

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

JohnU

Very nice! and very thoughtful gifts. I've been determined to make some since I seen the first one posted here. Maybe some day... Lol.

SGM Retired

You have got to tell how you did those, I love to turkey hunt and have bought the slate/glass but how did you do the CWO3 rank? I'd like to try a Sergeant Major one for me, does it take special equipment? Those look great, not sure if it brings in the turkey though.. Ha.

Gary

You have got to tell how you did those, I love to turkey hunt and have bought the slate/glass but how did you do the CWO3 rank? I'd like to try a Sergeant Major one for me, does it take special equipment? Those look great, not sure if it brings in the turkey though.. Ha.

Gary

That one gave me fits... First I was going to cover the sound board, decided that painting the back after roughing the crystal would be the best...it wasn't.

The Goop I use to secure the sound board to the pedestal ate through the paint...after I had glued on the striker board (top piece of crystal). I cracked two pieces of crystal making that call...taking it apart and putting it together. In the end it sounded like crap... So I took it apart again and made some tweaks, got it sounding decent, but I had to rough the heck out of the crystal (as it shows) to get it to play. I am going to put a fresh un conditioned piece of crystal in it and make it a shelf hanger for him.

I make my strikers different then the two I turned here now...lessons learned as I go.

I am making one out of purple heart (or trying... I have ruined two pieces of wood so far, its very difficult to turn - for me at least). I am using a sound board that has skulls on it, and mounting a gold Sergeant chevron, with a mini purple heart and mini Combat Action Ribbon (CAR) for a good friend of mine who I hunted with last year at one of the wounded warrior hunts and got him a job at my current command. I ruined one with a wicked catch - its a pen now, and the other I worked on or almost an hour - had it done and it split when I was finishing it.

PM me I will send you my contact info, can walk you through the process, there are some shortcuts I wish someone had taught me. Lots to learn at customcalls.com and thogamecalls.com I am Florida Marine there also.

Sean

Top Bottom