TSW Discontinued???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

alamocdc

I too am a satisfied customer and will be very disappointed when I run out. So I guess I'll start praying that it stays at the current level like the widow woman's cruses of meal and oil did (Bible reference for those that didn't get it).

Trapshooter

I have finished my last two pens with this so I have a fairly new can left. I was hoping to keep it as my finish of choice, I am saddened to hear we may not be able to continue with this finish. If there ever is such a list, please ad my email address with those who wish to continue to purchase this product.[:(][;)]

TBone

Being a newbie, I have not used TSW. However, there are people on this thread whose opinion, I realize, should be respected and if it comes back I will be one of the first to place an order.

angboy

Originally posted by ctEaglesc
<br />
Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Another vote from a very satisfied user. I can't understand why anyone would knock this product. I can buff all day with White Diamond and the finish will still look even better after I put the TSW on it. <b>And it sure beats the smell of Ren Wax</b> .[V]

I do remember someone( I think it was one of the testers)couldn't stand the coconut smell(maybe THAT"S the secret ingredient!, afterall I'm sure there's oil it the essence)
O.K. who's going to fess up to THAT memory jogger?
Well I was one of the ones who confessed I like the smell of ren wax!!

gerryr

Originally posted by TBone
<br />Being a newbie, I have not used TSW. However, there are people on this thread whose opinion, I realize, should be respected and if it comes back I will be one of the first to place an order.

Get some from AZ Silhouette before he runs out.

Tea Clipper

I gave it a try a few months ago and quite frankly I was not impressed with it at all. I thought it was extremely over priced but because it had been so well received by others on this forum, I just had to see what all the fuss was about. Oh well, can't win them all I guess &lt;shrug&gt;.

BigRob777

All,
I'm really happy to see Lou's support come out of the jar (corny, I know). I have to admit that it was a good seller for me and I used it before I sold it. I love the smell too, but the effect it has on a pen is awesome. I wish I had more to sell and I'll be sad when my own personal supply runs out, but at my rate of use, that'll be a long time from now.

I have no doubts in Lou's veracity, or I wouldn't have sold his product. It's a dirty shame that he's been trashed like he has, but it's good to know that people still believe in him and his product. I kind of think of Lou as a celebrity of sorts. I finally get to meet him in just over a week and that makes me smile. He's been my mentor in pen turning and I couldn't have asked for a better one.

Lou, I salute you.
Rob

mick

I'm another user of TSW that is totally amazed at what it can do to compliment the finish of a pen. The ease of use and small amount required made it a great buy. Lou I hope you'll not let a few deter you and will put it back on the market.............hopefully before I run out!

M

Mudder

Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />
Lou, I salute you.

[}:)] I salute Lou every chance I get........... First I take my hand and hold it in front of my face with my fingers pointing skyward and so that my palm is facing my face. Then I take my thumb and fold it across my palm and lower three fingers as if I was making a fist [}:)]

I kid with Lou because he's a good friend and has a nice sense of humor, besides if he gets mad at me I'll just drive down to DC and kick him in the..........(shin)!

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Mudder
<br />
Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />
Lou, I salute you.

[}:)] I salute Lou every chance I get........... First I take my hand and hold it in front of my face with my fingers pointing skyward and so that my palm is facing my face. Then I take my thumb and fold it across my palm and <b>lower three fingers </b>as if I was making a fist
[:D]
Table saw or chop saw accident?[}:)][:D]

rfreeouf

I use TSW and like it as well. Lou I hope you reconsider at some point to put it back on the market. I can understand your reasoning for pulling the product. It is always unfortunant that a few have to ruin something good for the majority.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Frank, have you tried that on a pen?

Not yet. Plan to.
Not yet. Plan to.
Let me see if I have this straight.
It was you who originally made the accusation that TSW was the same as this other product(the automotive one).
You sent me a copied and pasted e-mail that accused Lou of fraud and you have not even used the product that you "say" is the same as Lous'?
Let me go for the $64,000 dollar question.
Frank-
<b>Have you ever tried Lous' product... TSW or Presidents Choice top coating finish?</b>
If the answer is what I think it is going to be, myself and a lot of other people will question anything you put in print in the future.( if they don't already)

RogerGarrett

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Oh no! [:0]

I think this thread is spiralling down again! [B)][V][xx(]

Me thinketh you have a point............and as much as I support Lou and his product, and as much as he would probably feel vindicated if it goes that way, it looks like it might get ugly if people are not conservative in interpretation/response..........[xx(]

Hold on to your hats folks! [:0]

Best,
Roger Garrett

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by RogerGarrett
<br />

Me thinketh you have a point............and as much as I support Lou and his product, and as much as he would probably feel vindicated if it goes that way, it looks like it might get ugly if people are not conservative in interpretation/response..........[xx(]

Hold on to your hats folks! [:0]

Best,
Roger Garrett

<b>The fact TSW is not being made any more and the circumstances that surrounded its' demise aren't exactly uplifting to begin with, wouldn't you say?</b>

Boss302

As yet another satisfied customer, I think it's an excellent product that does what it's suppose to do, which is put an awesome shine on your finished product. Personally, I don't care where it came from or how it was made. It works and I'll continue to buy the product. PLEASE reconsider your decision to pull the product. You obviously have the support from the people who use your product. Don't worry about the couple of non-believers.

Tom McMillan

Wow, so sorry to hear about TSW---will miss it greatly. I've appreciated Lou's friendship greatly too, --- he has always been very kind and thoughtful to me!!! Thanks Lou!!

M

Mudder

Originally posted by RogerGarrett
<br />Me thinketh you have a point............and as much as I support Lou and his product, and as much as he would probably feel vindicated if it goes that way, it looks like it might get ugly if people are not conservative in interpretation/response..........[xx(]

So what are you really saying?

Should we let those who make accusations without knowledge or proof be free to attack?

Gary Max

Lets see I still have 3 full unopened containers and one that is half full. But what am I going to do when that's gone. It's not like that's going to last forever since I use it on every pen and sit around at shows and clean finger prints off with it.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
I did not speak up when the last of the wax wars broke out, choosing to sit on the sidelines. I regret that, and feel fresh regret everytime I pick up my container of TSW to finish a pen.

I must agree with those who wonder if the name change from President's Choice to TSW perhaps started the conflict. I guess we will never know.

Mainly, I regret not speaking up for Lou.

For What It's Worth,

DocStram

Below is a copy of a post that Jeff made in a related thread entitled "To the Developer of TSW".

"The real ethical and congenial thing for us to do is to let Lou make his personal business decisions in peace. Continually hashing this out in public is disrespectful to his right of privacy, and further polarizes the issue. If Lou was posting here, I would not say this, but he made one post on the issue and obviously was not interested in discussing it or having it discussed. Please, if you have something to say to Lou regarding TSW, send him an email.
Jeff in Westlake, OH"

With that said, and as originator of this thread, I respectfully request that we conclude our discussion of this matter.

elody21

[V] I love the stuff and am almost out. If someone has some to sell let me know. Lou I think it is great and makes me think of the beach each time I open it! Alice

wayneis

I think that whome ever is responsible for TSW being taken off the shelves owes Lou and everyone else a big apology. Come on Lou, you have a whole lot of customers who want TSW so how about getting some out here to us.

Another pissed off satisfied customer,

Wayne

L32

I agree with Wayne. I to am a very satified customer. Pissed off cannot fully explain my feelings right now. I have customers who after a while of using a pen bring it back asking me if I can put that "new feeling" back on the pen I clean the pen and put TSW back on and they leave happy. More times than not ordering another pen. To me TSW did not stand for "Trade Secret for Wood it stood for "The Secret Weapon". Those few who couldnt keep their Dimwitted mouths shut with there know it all attitudes have deprived me of a great selling tool. I read this thread late and have not been able to find anyone that has any left to sell. BB is out and everyone else I know is out If anyone has any left please let me know as I would like to stock up.
Lou, if your listening please dont let a few idiots who cant tell the diffrence between wood polish and car polish run you off.
Thanks for a great product

DocStram

Below is a copy of a post that Jeff made in a related thread entitled "To the Developer of TSW".

"The real ethical and congenial thing for us to do is to let Lou make his personal business decisions in peace. Continually hashing this out in public is disrespectful to his right of privacy, and further polarizes the issue. If Lou was posting here, I would not say this, but he made one post on the issue and obviously was not interested in discussing it or having it discussed. Please, if you have something to say to Lou regarding TSW, send him an email.
Jeff in Westlake, OH"
<b>
With that said, and as originator of this thread, I respectfully request that we conclude our discussion of this matter.</b>

wood-of-1kind

I think this discussion has been 'liberating' and shows good support for Lou and TSW. Silencing this discussion is just short of censorship and I vote for continuation.

-Peter-[:)]

Charles

Lou, withso much rave about the product, I tried looking for it at all the major turning retail location, Rockler, Woodcraft, Woodwright, When no one had heard of it I insisted on them trying to obtain it. I since got a bottle and LOVE it! I took examples into said stores and when they still didn't have it have talked up the product around the Houston area. Sorry to see it go away, Hopefully we will see it back on the market. I really like it and would love to get a couple more bottles. I use it on all my small turnings, atomizers,perfume pens, braclet asst. and of course PENS!! Sorry to see it go, Great products are hard to find and this was one of them!!!

JasonF

Lou, any interest/possibility in turning the TSW operation over to someone else in order to keep so many penturners happy? I would imagine someone would be willing to come to terms with you.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Folks you are talking to thin air. Lou has not visited the site in many days. Please, if you have something to say to Lou, send him an email. Thanks

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks for the kind words and the many emails. They are greatly appreciated. If or when there is something to report, I'll certainly check in for an announcement.

melogic

I just received 2 containers of TSW from Sheila at Pens of Color. I'm not sure how much she has left, but you may want to get some. www.pocwoodworking.com

Edit: I just went back to her site and can't find it anywhere. I guess she is out of it as well. Sorry![:(]
I guess you could still give her a call to verify that she is out of it.

LanceD

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />Yeah, nice gloat Mark!

Gloat ? Here's a gloat [}:)][:D]

2006101121312_100_1027.jpg
<br />

L32

As of late I have recieved Emails from some members of this forum suggesting I apologize for my previous remarks yesterday. To Them I say no.
I continue to stand by my remarks and the insults to My Military and law enforcement careers made buy some were childish and uncalled for.
I only mention it here because I was able to respond to one but my computer lost the addresses of others and this is my response to them.
I will not mention names they know who they are. [:(!] Everyone else please excuse this post

Dario

Originally posted by LanceD
<br />
Gloat ? Here's a gloat [}:)][:D]

2006101121312_100_1027.jpg
<br />

Lance....my friend!!! LOL [:D][}:)]

Kidding aside, your popularity may have just jumped a few notches LOL [;)]

(BTW, Just making sure you won't mis-interpret the joke/message. I am not hitting you for a jar. I still have a couple of it myself [;)])

chisel

Originally posted by ctEaglesc

I would hope this post remains in tact so that the people who ARE pleased with TSW will say so <b>HERE AND IN PUBLIC</b>
Rumors and innaccurate information have been rife concerning TSW and Lou, buyt apologies and retractions seem to "dissappear" if indeed they are offered.
Please Jeff leave this thread up!

Perhaps the reason why no apologies are offered is because the rumors have never been disproved. At least not that I am aware of.

What I have seen is that when certain information is brought to public attention, Lou then threatens people with lawsuits. I have seen it happen publicly, and I have seen evidence of it happening via e-mail.

Was it a good product? I have no idea. Many people have raved about it.

Was the car wax used as it's base? Unless someone has it analyzed, along with the car wax, it is an open and fair question.

DocStram

Originally posted by DocStram
<br />Below is a copy of a post that Jeff made in a related thread entitled "To the Developer of TSW".

Jeff in Westlake, OH"

With that said, and as originator of this thread, I respectfully request that we conclude our discussion of this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom