TSW Discontinued???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

I heard there are still a few being sold by some retailers.,,not sure how long they will be available though.

Check ArisonaSilhouette and BigRob [:)]

BigRob777

I know I usually put my customers first, but I'm keeping my last jar. I love the stuff. Sorry folks. Er, did you say $25.00?[:p] Just kidding.

Edit: Actually, the jar Jim's referring to just sold yesterday. I held back the other jar for myself a month ago.

Rob

Dario

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />
Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />Check this out:
http://www.topoftheline.com/toltradcarwa.html

<b>Is that the stuff that silicone in it?</b>

I have been tempted for almost a year now to try this product...but never did.

How can one tell if it does have silicone in it?

OKLAHOMAN

Dario; I called them this morning and got a recorded msg. from their tec. dept. seems that they are in from 1-5 and will have to call back on the msg they gave me their e-mail addres to ask questions. will e- mail today to see if it has silicone. E-mail address is ask@topoftheline.com

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by Dario
<br />
<br />
<br />Check this out:

So what if it does?
Regardless what product you use if it is the FINAL thing you are going to put on the pen(ON TOP OF THE FINISH) what difference does it make?
As long as you don't go spraking it in the shop as an air freshener and contaminate would that you intend to put a finish on there shouldn't be a problem.

OKLAHOMAN

Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />If anyone is interested in TSW, I still have some to sell to customers. Same price as before $9.00 USD per jar + shipping.

-Peter-
Peter check your e-mail and paypal account paid for 2 jars and thanks

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
This will be my only post on the subject. All of you clever folks who have chosen to deride the product, make accusations as to the chemical make-up, etc. will have to do so without any further response from me.

First, yes, TSW has been discontinued. No, it is not the same product as the car finish. The differences are numerous. I realize that there are many out there who claim to have proof that they are the same. Members on this forum are will assign credibility as they deem appropriate. That's good enough for me.

Why take it off the market? Because it is not particularly profitable and I get sick of having to defend both it and myself. It's as simple as that.

To those of you who have stood by the product (and me), I thank you. To my detractors, kiss my ^$$.

DWK5150

Originally posted by Dario
<br />
<br />
<br />Check this out:

Dario,

Its great stuff. I have actually used top of the line for years to get my supplies. WEll worth the money.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Lou-
Though I will miss TSW when my supply runs out, I for one understand your actions.
Thanks for the posting your reasons.
We have spoken of this and I know that it was just as much a labor of love for members of this group as anything else.
Ironic isn't it that it was just about two years ago this time when yuo requested members of this group to act as gunea pigs to test "Presidents Choice" and everyone loved it.Theior input also prompted you to make changes inthe product that made it even better.
Again thanks.
Eagle

Dario

Thanks Lou,

I have 2 bottles of TSW and at the rate I use it...I have enough for atleast a couple of years. Hopefully, you'll put the product back on the market before then [:D] [;)].

Paul in OKC

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />This will be my only post on the subject. All of you clever folks who have chosen to deride the product, make accusations as to the chemical make-up, etc. will have to do so without any further response from me.

First, yes, TSW has been discontinued. No, it is not the same product as the car finish. The differences are numerous. I realize that there are many out there who claim to have proof that they are the same. Members on this forum are will assign credibility as they deem appropriate. That's good enough for me.

Why take it off the market? Because it is not particularly profitable and I get sick of having to defend both it and myself. It's as simple as that.

To those of you who have stood by the product (and me), I thank you. To my detractors, kiss my ^$$.

Thanks, Lou. Very much understood. The good thing about my supply is that currently I am only making pens at about 2 or 3 a year, so it should last a life time[:D]

DocStram

My deepest apologies to Lou. I didn't mean to stir up a fuss by originating this post. I had recently purchased three containers of TSW. Although I didn't need 3 I figured I would just store 2 of them away for future use. I have to admit that I became concerned when I heard it had been pulled from the market. Thus my inquiry as to why it was discontinued.

Both Lou and Rob generously offered to buy back my TSW. After reading Lou's post I declined their offer. I have used TSW on pens and a bowl that I recently turned. I was very impressed with the results.

Lou, I hope that as you read all of the favorable posts about TSW that you can feel the support and appreciation for your efforts. You've been here a hell of a lot longer than I have. I can only hope that one day I have a even a fraction of the respect that IAP members have for you.

With that said, I am going to ask Jeff to kindly delete this whole post so we can, in at least one way, help you put this behind you.

With respect,
Al

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by DocStram
<br />My deepest apologies to Lou. I didn't mean to stir up a fuss by originating this post. I had recently purchased three containers of TSW. Although I didn't need 3 I figured I would just store 2 of them away for future use. I have to admit that I became concerned when I heard it had been pulled from the market. Thus my inquiry as to why it was discontinued.

Both Lou and Rob generously offered to buy back my TSW. After reading Lou's post I declined their offer. I have used TSW on pens and a bowl that I recently turned. I was very impressed with the results.

Lou, I hope that as you read all of the favorable posts about TSW that you can feel the support and appreciation for your efforts. You've been here a hell of a lot longer than I have. I can only hope that one day I have a even a fraction of the respect that IAP members have for you.

<b>With that said, I am going to ask Jeff to kindly delete this whole post so we can, in at least one way, help you put this behind you.</b>
With respect,
Al

I would hope this post remains in tact so that the people who ARE pleased with TSW will say so <b>HERE AND IN PUBLIC</b>
Rumors and innaccurate information have been rife concerning TSW and Lou, buyt apologies and retractions seem to "dissappear" if indeed they are offered.
Please Jeff leave this thread up!

DocStram

I understand what you're saying eagle. At the same time, I have the feeling that Lou is just sick and tired of hearing wild accusations. I think he's just worn out by it all. I think I'll just ask Lou to decide what he wants done with it.

wood-of-1kind

To paraphrase an old line:

Not only am I satisfied distributor of TSW, I'm also a satisfied client.

Thank you Lou for creating a wonderful product.

-Peter-
[:)]

its_virgil

I too have been using TSW since I was asked to test it for Lou when it was President's Choice and Lou was President if the IAP. Seems like good things have a way of ruffing other's feathers and well....we all suffer. Thanks Lou for all you've done for us, the IAP and for TSW. I have two jars and I know where there is more and I'm not telling[:D] until I get me another jar or two. I trust what Lou tells us and I too hope TSW appears back on the market...Thanks Lou.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by wood-of-1kind
<br />To paraphrase an old line:

Not only am I satisfied distributor of TSW, I'm also a satisfied client.

Thank you Lou for creating a wonderful product.

-Peter-
[:)]

JimGo

I don't know, Lou...sounds like there are enough devoted fans (into which I also include myself) that you could justify increasing the cost a bit to make it more worth your while.

If you decide to go that route, I'd LOVE to be able to get some REALLY small jars/containers of it (basically "sample size" good enough for three or four applications) for some of my better customers, so I can get them hooked on it too! Then I can sell them the bigger jars! :)

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />I don't know, Lou...sounds like there are enough devoted fans (into which I also include myself) that you could justify increasing the cost a bit to make it more worth your while.

If you decide to go that route, I'd LOVE to be able to get some REALLY small jars/containers of it (basically "sample size" good enough for three or four applications) for some of my better customers, so I can get them hooked on it too! Then I can sell them the bigger jars! :)

Yeah! Kind of like Tide in the washing machines!

gerryr

Another vote from a very satisfied user. I can't understand why anyone would knock this product. I can buff all day with White Diamond and the finish will still look even better after I put the TSW on it. And it sure beats the smell of Ren Wax.[V]

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
<br />Another vote from a very satisfied user. I can't understand why anyone would knock this product. I can buff all day with White Diamond and the finish will still look even better after I put the TSW on it. <b>And it sure beats the smell of Ren Wax</b> .[V]

I do remember someone( I think it was one of the testers)couldn't stand the coconut smell(maybe THAT"S the secret ingredient!, afterall I'm sure there's oil it the essence)
O.K. who's going to fess up to THAT memory jogger?

M

Mudder

I have used TSW and I’m a satisfied customer. I understand Lou’s reasons for discontinuing it and I respect his decisions. I have some left and I will cherish what I have until the sad day that it is all gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom