Tried a Gent for the first time...WOW!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

I've been trying to turn a bunch of different styles of pens so I can let others play with them and find the style that suits their needs/wants/preferences. However, for my own pens, I was carrying a Jr. Gent (V1), but then switched to an Emperor (more attention-getting). I misplaced the Emperor (found it when I got home!) but needed a pen for a meeting yesterday, so I grabbed the Gent that is in my personal stash. I took notes with it for several hours, and have to say WOW! The writing portion (the metal part where the refill goes) is REALLY comfortable. Much more so than even on my Emperor. I am tempted now to switch from the Emperor...if only the Gent was a little more ostentatious. Hmmmm...maybe I'll have to try a Statesman!

Any way, thought I'd provide some feedback for those who haven't tried a Gent yet.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

My thought too Stan. Just tried it, and they do fit, but my Gent is gold.

George, thanks for the reminder...yep, this one is a rollerball too.

mrcook4570

Originally posted by JimGo
<br />My thought too Stan. Just tried it, and they do fit, but my Gent is gold.

So now you have an excuse to place another order [:p] Get a platinum gent and swap with the emperor.

ncseeker

I too prefer the gent and stateman nib. If you're looking for a pen the is flashier than a gent, look at the stateman. My daily users are a koa emperor fountain pen and a rhodium stateman rollerball done in blue acrylic. I get lots of looks and comments from both pens.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
The Gent was the "guts" of my Herrringbone custom order.
It was chosen because it could be modified and was very tasteful.
I am not a fountain pen afficianado but the feed on the Gent quietly suggests "class"

chigdon

As much as I love the Emperor and Lotus I still think the Statesman is my favorite pen out there. I agree that the feel is extremely comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom