Some days it isn't meant to be

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

darbytee

This afternoon I managed to:

1) Damage (but not destroy) a beautiful piece of Norfolk Island pine while running it through the bandsaw,

2) Destroy a brand new Timberwolf bandsaw blade while running the above mentioned piece of NIP through it,

3) Cut my finger pretty deeply by getting it caught between the toolrest and the bark edge of a piece of cherry.

All this in a span of about two hours. Maybe I should take up quilting.:)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Fred,

Quilting can be as dangerous with that kind of luck. Wait it out and Murphy will eventually move out of your shop [;)][}:)].

Kidding aside...what Billy said.

kent4Him

There are days where nothing goes right in the shop. Blow outs. Mistakes. Whatever. I just take it as a sign from God that I should go spend time with the family.

elody21

Wow, Fred, So sorry you are having such a bad day. I guess we all have to learn to stop after the first bad thing because it happens to me all of the time. The only way I stop is if I can't get the bleeding to stop! Make sure and keep the mangled or cut area clean and full of antibotic cream( I learned this the hard way).keep safe! Alice

Fred, did you happen to be present Saturday night at Neyland? I am trying to figure who to blame for that mess. Blades and NIP can be replaced, though at some expense. Just glad your finger was not destroyed.

darbytee

Thanks everyone for the postive thoughts. Today will be a new day in the shop.

Eagle, we moved to Knoxville back in June when my active duty orders ended. I'm flying with the Air guard now.
Al, the damage to the blade and the NIP was caused by poor technique on my part. I was excited about the piece and didn't take the time to set up my bandsaw sled.
Pastorbill, I wasn't at Neyland Saturday, although I was wearing orange, and that in itself probably contributed to the loss.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom