Treenware

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinter99

splinter99

My oldest daughter came out and stayed the weekend a few weeks ago. She admired some of the homemade wooden kitchen utinsils that I had made my wife. She told me thats what she wanted for Christmas.. So yesterday I headed out to the shop and made her a few spatulas and a couple wooden spoons. They still need a little more sanding and a bath in walnut oil, then they will be good to go. Spatulas are cherry. Spoons are red oak
oillamps065640x480.jpg

Thanks for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

splinter99

I do the spoons with a Harbor freight air die grinder and a rotary rasp bit.(Hey if there good enough for Trent Bosch ) The spatulas get roughed out on the band saw and then go to the belt sander

There fun to make as a gift but take me way to much time to make them to sale... The spatulas aren't that bad but the spoons take alot of hand sanding.
Thanks

jimbob91577

Do you have problems using Oak for your foodware items? I've been told its not good to use for things like cutting boards and such. Just wondering if the same is true for utensils.

Why walnut oil over mineral oil???I see people saying watch out for nut allergies,but you know who is getting them(LOL).Just wonder as I have never used walnut oil.Those are fantastic pieces and what great gifts.Thank for sharing,Victor

Top Bottom