Transtint dye and casting supplies

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario

This new "craze" is inspired by the cactus pen of Curtis (Mesquiteman) :D. If I am not mistaken he said he uses epoxy.

I went to my local Hobby Lobby and Michael's but none of them carry transtint dye. The casting supplies (epoxy) are also very expensive, anyone know an online supplier they can recommend?

If possible I want to buy from a single vendor.

Thanks!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Dario,
Michaels carries some powdered dyes that work really well with PR as well as epoxy resins. I believe the brand is Jacquard's. I'll check into it and edit this is that isn't the name.

Ok, I found it. The manufacturer is Jacquard and the stuff is called Pearl Ex pigment. Here's the link.
http://www.jacquardproducts.com/products/pearlex/

Johnathan

Dario, www.artstuf.com is the only way to go! They are great and have an amazing selection with very good prices. They are not far from me so I love making a trip there to see all of the color choices available.

Buy two or three Sunday papers today, Dario!!! Michaels has a 40% off coupon and they hardly EVER discount the Pearl Ex pigments (made by JAcquard)-- they're about $25 for 12 bottles and comes in 3 different style sets. we've found diff Michaels carry diff sets (1,2 or 3) I think Mike orders from DickBlick or maybe artstuf in larger bottles for our most popular colors now.

The casting craft resin isn't that cheap either--so get two papers LOL They sell it in quarts, sometimes the catlyst is attached, others its not. AND the transculent dyes, packaged in 3 of red, yellow and blue, are made for CC resin and should do well if youd rather not buy the powdered pigments (which will make the resin sorta pearly)

Anyway-- nows the time-- youve' got COUPONS!!!!!!!!

oh...AND the pearl ex if you go that route, can be hard to locate in the store. After we first learned about doing our own resins on this site (Thank you very much!!!) I bet we went to Michaels two or three times, thinking they did not carry it (ours is not a large one) Finally found it in the stamping aisle where the other glitters, embossing powders & such are found. We found even the employees didn't know what it was, exactly LOL But PearlEx is popular in scrapbooking and rubber stamping, as they use just a tiny bit to highlight or color paper.

At Hobby Lobby (their 40% off coupon was LAST week LOL)-- the PearlEx is where they have scrapbooking & rubber stamp "extras'- such as templates, markers & such as that.
Their employees aren't always famliar with the stuff either LOL They too carry the Casting Craft and dyes-its always on a bottom shelf (as it is at Michaels) i guess, b/c they aren't hot sellers LOL We've yet to find the molds for any of them tho-- anybody up on those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom