Time to set up shop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jdmyers4

Hope you've got lots of cash as what you have is just the start, the cheap part of this hobby/obsession.

Ain't that the sad awful truth. I don't think you have to spend a huge amount of money, but if you get hit by LUST, watch out! I started with a mini-lathe, small band-saw, benchtop drill press. Then I wanted a larger band-saw. Better dust vac. Nicer bench-top. Storage shelves. Byrnes table saw & sanders. All those awesome blanks sold by people on this board (wow! got to have some of that great looking burl, awesome Mutts, or awesome looking acrylics), not to mentions the little gizmos that make the hobby more fun. Router table. Router accessories & jigs. Oh, and don't forget those pen kits too! Someday I would like to get a larger lathe. This hobby has turned into a bottomless money sucker for me. But hey... I'm enjoying it! It's fun!

Yeeee Hawwww!

kinggabby

Ain't that the sad awful truth. I don't think you have to spend a huge amount of money, but if you get hit by LUST, watch out! I started with a mini-lathe, small band-saw, benchtop drill press. Then I wanted a larger band-saw. Better dust vac. Nicer bench-top. Storage shelves. Byrnes table saw & sanders. All those awesome blanks sold by people on this board (wow! got to have some of that great looking burl, awesome Mutts, or awesome looking acrylics), not to mentions the little gizmos that make the hobby more fun. Router table. Router accessories & jigs. Oh, and don't forget those pen kits too! Someday I would like to get a larger lathe. This hobby has turned into a bottomless money sucker for me. But hey... I'm enjoying it! It's fun!

Well I guess being limited to an apartment for now kinda limits all the extras ( yes I would love to have every bit of those and then some )

jdmyers4

Well I guess being limited to an apartment for now kinda limits all the extras ( yes I would love to have every bit of those and then some )

Ah, well that's the nice thing about pen-making, you don't need big machines. A mini-lathe and something to cut blanks with, a few other items and you're all set. And it doesn't take a lot of wood to make a pen! It's when you want to expand your hobby into other directions... that's where I get into the LUST problem. LOL.

Top Bottom