Time for a little Zen!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Toni

I have been busy with making zen blanks. A little insight on my blanks if you have never tried one.

www.claypenblanks.com

Polymerclay is very easy to finish. My blanks
are made to fit the tube so all that is required is. Once you receive the blank. Place it on the lathe with bushings. Apply CA. Sand the CA with sandpaper. If you sand through the CA apply more. Never sand my blanks or you will sand off the design. Then apply Polish and you are done.

Now you are going to take sandpaper lay it on a flat surface and rotate the ends round and round till flush with the tubes.

Also, Do not use stickfast

Tips: You need to wax your bushings .... or the ca will stick to the bushings as well as the tube and it might chip.
59453AFD-B438-4E16-8359-0125984BCFA9.jpeg
BAC5B30F-0144-459E-9F90-AB33E3219DDD.jpeg
228C62F8-AA19-436C-AC9C-188DBE815124.jpeg
962A9E6D-909D-4F2F-A1B0-072A5B7D6267.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

@Toni
Those are VERY beautiful pen blanks, Toni !! . I have admired your work for a long time !! :D

Just a little question ....

You say .... "Do not use stickfast." .... Not sure about this .... are you referring to the Stickfast brand ?

If so, may I ask why ? .... The CA glue that I use is of that brand name.

howsitwork

Toni

there's a new guy. BESTBETS who's also a poly clay person apparently . Not on pens though.

Toni

@Toni
Those are VERY beautiful pen blanks, Toni !! . I have admired your work for a long time !! :D

Just a little question ....

You say .... "Do not use stickfast." .... Not sure about this .... are you referring to the Stickfast brand ?

If so, may I ask why ? .... The CA glue that I use is of that brand name.
Yes I am referring to the stickfast brand. It causes a shattered glass affect on my blanks. It's happened many times. Let me see if I can upload a picture of what it looks like. I would recommend using a different brand to do my blanks.

Attachments

• 1C95B412-C904-4A78-960E-8C6D45A2D760.jpeg
    1C95B412-C904-4A78-960E-8C6D45A2D760.jpeg
    189.7 KB · Views: 159

howsitwork

Yes I am referring to the stickfast brand. It causes a shattered glass affect on my blanks. It's happened many times. Let me see if I can upload a picture of what it looks like. I would recommend using a different brand to do my blanks.
Hmm they call that a crackle finish or "Spackle finish " effect over here, some find it highly desirable to give an antique effect on furniture. Not my favourite look but takes all sorts ....

magpens

Thank you very much, Toni. . I just realized that I gave up on Stickfast quite a few years ago. . So ... no worries ... your blanks are OK with this other.

ramaroodle

Oooo. They ain't cheap but they're very nice. Gotta order a few. Will they let me laser-engrave them??

Last edited:
Top Bottom