Three <<<<Chevron's >>>> on an Aaron JR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

SteveJ

While I don't claim to be in the same camp as Mark James, I visited his shop almost two years ago and was inspired by his workmanship and ideas. After completing a couple of chevron pens with pieces he graciously gave me, I used the remaining pieces he provided to create this. Not sure what the woods are that make up the chevrons. The main body is maple, the accent is either ebony or blackwood with a "Gisi" strip of blue/white/blue in between.

The chevrons meet in the middle of the cap at a purpleheart "square." Instead of having four chevrons, I went with three for something different.

Enjoy! And thanks again to Mark for his generosity giving me the slices to make the chevrons (I have cut some of my own now and hope to show them soon). He has inspired me to stretch myself and attempt things way beyond my previous comfort zone.

axA84aTh.jpg

ws1RmsIh.jpg

ioYA8BMh.jpg

FjZkzZlh.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Beautiful pen Steve. I believe you and Dale (Dale Parrott - link #298, not mine!) are doing the best job with the middle square inserts. This is an element I want to explore, but just don't have the time yet.

While I love the chevrons, I also will give a shout out for your end caps. I really like end caps that add to the overall appearance of the blank (segmented or not). Yours are Very nice.

I love seeing what others do with this.

Be well, Mark

Last edited:
Top Bottom