this was the blank I was looking a longer tube for.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Aces-High

Aces-High

This is a Smity's Le Roi Royal. I think Ed has them at Exotic. As you can see I was trying a 2 part accent on the aluminum on the end points. I think I can get it to work, first time is not as nice as I would like. I am sure I can get them to meet even better.

IMG_6780.JPGIMG_6779.JPGIMG_6778.JPGIMG_6777.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I've been told at times: "Mark, you're too darn picky." I don't care - it's my work!

Jason... You're too darn picky.

That is a beautiful pen and a lot of challenges were met - be proud. I see and understand your thought on the points, but yes, 96% perfect will not be good enough for you. Due to my own OCD, possibly consider flipping one of the green for blue segments to retain the color pattern on the two sides, unless this scheme is what you intended.

Excellent work Jason.

Aces-High

I've been told at times: "Mark, you're too darn picky." I don't care - it's my work!

Jason... You're too darn picky.

That is a beautiful pen and a lot of challenges were met - be proud. I see and understand your thought on the points, but yes, 96% perfect will not be good enough for you. Due to my own OCD, possibly consider flipping one of the green for blue segments to retain the color pattern on the two sides, unless this scheme is what you intended.

Excellent work Jason.

This was made from some cut offs. The 2 greens are actually 2 different colors. The interior chevrons are compound cuts where the outer are not. Just ended up what I had left over from cleaning up some blanks. Really no color pattern, although now that you mention it I can now is it....thanks for nothing... ;)

jttheclockman

I agree i think you are being too hard on yourself. Just a suggestion have you tried using aluminum angle that is prebent?? You can get the 90 degree part and I bet you could open the angle some to meet your other angles. Maybe some heat would help in bending. Just thinking out loud.

Aces-High

I agree i think you are being too hard on yourself. Just a suggestion have you tried using aluminum angle that is prebent?? You can get the 90 degree part and I bet you could open the angle some to meet your other angles. Maybe some heat would help in bending. Just thinking out loud.

Have not even thought to look for that, thanks.

Lucky2

Heat could help, but no direct flames on the aluminum, it could melt it if the aluminum is to thin. It doesn't take much flame to melt aluminum, so using a scrap piece to learn from, would be a very good idea.

Len

Top Bottom