This is for RussianWolf

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithkarl2007

The place where my girlfriend works holds the annual meeting for the Irish Wolfhound Club of Ireland. When the President for the club was booking there meeting, she got talking to him and told him that she had been thinking of getting a Wolfhound. He mentioned he knew someone in the committee who had recently took in one who was being mistreated and uncared for. Turned out it was the Vice President of the committee. She got talking to him and the wolfhounds he has are show dogs. The dog he took in wasn't a show dog but needed a good home as he didn't have the time to take care of her with the other show dogs.
So here she is, doing great. She is still very timid because whoever had her before never fed her and really neglected her. When we try to bring her for a walk, she ends up bringing us for a walk :biggrin:

Attachments

• more 042.jpg
    more 042.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 138
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

good on you guys. I'll bet she'll be a great pup once she figures out that she doesn't need to be scared anymore.

Keith, if she's a big puller, then you guys may want to look into getting something like a Halti (Gentle Leader is another brand)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...98423783_100000627902244_295098_1540555_n.jpg

They can makes walks much less dangerous, and train them not to pull not just prevent it when it is on.

keithkarl2007

She's 22 months old. We were told she won't get much bigger than she is because of the way she was treated. You wouldn't believe how quiet she is. My little sister has a small dog and a few chickens and she takes no notice of them. She gets a little startled when the chickens flap around though.

keithkarl2007

I'm not the greatest person with dogs, I had a bad experience when I was younger but she is so timid. I just can't understand how she could have been treated the way she was. The car I have isn't very big and when I take her anywhere to bring her walking, her panting shakes the car and fogs up the windows :biggrin::biggrin:

Padre

She looks like a real sweetie. I think rescue dogs make the best pets.

Jim Smith

We've had "strong-willed" (aka bull-headed) dogs for the past 25 years and if you don't do so already, I strongly suggest you start watching the TV program the Dog Wisperer with Ceasar Milano. The man is amazing and you will learn more watching 2 or 3 episodes of his program that any other training program we've ever seen. We now have 3 pitbulls that weigh 65-70 lbs each and if you want to see a dog that will pull your arm out of the socket to take a walk, try a pitbull. After using the techniques that Cesar shows, people stop my wife when she's walking the dogs to tell how how well behaved our dogs are. She even had a big fat old cat come right up to one of our dogs last week when she was walking her and the dog only looked at the cat (3-4 feet away) and kept walking on a slack leash. As you can tell, when it comes to dogs, Cesar Milano is my hero.

Jim Smith

Top Bottom