Them bones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Eckspec2

Eckspec2

Holly, Red tulip veneer, cream and burgundy credit cards and red mother of pearl kirinite

Attachments

• IMG_20220726_192122.jpg
    IMG_20220726_192122.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_20220726_192102.jpg
    IMG_20220726_192102.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_20220726_192047.jpg
    IMG_20220726_192047.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 191
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
WOW! So many superb elements, and wonderful execution. That is one to be mighty proud of! Thank you for the inspiration with your segmenting. πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

Eckspec2

Very nice work. I tried blowing up your pictures to see if I could find the kitchen sink. Did you run out of room or did your wife say you couldn't have it?
Thanks Kenny, the kitchen sink is in the case but I had to remove the taps...... πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

magpens

Very impressive ! ! !

There does not seem to be much wall thickness . . .

. . . what diameter are the two brass tubes ? . . . please . . . and I hope you don't mind my asking . . . just wondering.

Eckspec2

Very impressive ! ! !

. . . what diameter are the two brass tubes ? . . . please . . . and I hope you don't mind my asking . . . just wondering.
Thanks Mal it's 9/16" for the cap and
Very impressive ! ! !

Thanks Mal, it's 9/16" for the cap and 15/32" for the barrel. The outer diameters ended up being 16mm cap and 15mm for the barrel (sorry for mixing up measurements) so the cap doesn't have much left left when turned down but I needed the tube inner diameter to take the insert, cap thread and section

Holly, Red tulip veneer, cream and burgundy credit cards and red mother of pearl kirinite
This is awesome! You have come up with a very unique color scheme that works so well! Did you make the hardware (the red tubing)?? I am just trying to understand your process as I would like to make a kitless pen sometime.

Eckspec2

This is awesome! You have come up with a very unique color scheme that works so well! Did you make the hardware (the red tubing)?? I am just trying to understand your process as I would like to make a kitless pen sometime.
Thanks mate, yes I made the tubing and threads etc. Hope you have fun on the "kitless pen" adventure πŸ‘

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
It should be noted, the amount of work involved in making this pen should not be taken lightly. And I don't. I commend you on your execution on detail, and creating a masterpiece. Very well done Eric.

Eckspec2

Having made several 360 herringbone blanks I know how much work and especially time is involved. I love your pen, your choice of materials and the execution is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Thanks Don πŸ‘

Top Bottom