The unexpected gift from a friend

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mudder

I want to tell you of something that happened to me today. As many of you know, my father passed away on Thursday. His passing was not unexpected but it was faster than I had anticipated so I was quite shocked and saddened. I received an express mail package today and I will tell you who it is from later. Inside the package was a card, a beautiful pen and a letter written in my friend’s hand that came straight from the heart.

My friend told me about the beautiful pen that I was holding in my hand and the way that it came to be. He also conveyed a very touching story that makes my eyes well up every time I read it. My friend wrote that the pen has some flaws but I cannot find them if it does. He also said that he had no record of the pen. He took no pictures to show because this pen was meant to help me ease my loss and that was all he had to offer. I will not take a picture of this pen to post because my photography skills could not do the pen justice and it is something personal between two friends.

As beautiful as this pen is, the letter that accompanied it truly touched my heart and I realized that the person who made this pen is someone who truly knows what friendship means. I didn’t fully understand how deep our friendship ran until today and I do not think I can fully express my feelings except to say that my friend “polished my shoesâ€.
It's not important that you understand that quote, My friend will understand it.

If you have read this far I bet your waiting to know who my friend is.....I’m proud to say that the person who came into the darkness and gave me a candle to illuminate the path back to daylight is none other than ctEaglesc.

Thank you Eagle, you continue to teach me things even when you’re not trying. The pen and the letter you wrote will be a treasured possession for the rest of my days.

Scott

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

Thank-You Scott for sharing this with us. I hope that all the prayers that have been given assist you and your family in their healing process.

Eagle is to be commended for this gesture. This was a wonderful thought that only a true friend would consider.

OKLAHOMAN

Scott and Eagle Thank you both for reminding all of us that freindship is deeper than just a phone call once in a while or a pat on the back now and then, its caring for you fellow man or woman when they need you the most. Again thank you both!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom