The TPS pen site

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nilsatcraft

Chit-
From a marketing standpoint, it's only to your advantage to post on all sites. I try to participate actively on all sites as a penturner but I make sure to do so as an advertiser. Based on numbers and emails, I know that many people appreciate the sales and offers that are made on all three websites. Occasionally someone expresses their dislike about something we're doing or not doing but we just have to do our best to keep customers happy and keep things fair. Admittedly, the IAP responds best to our weekly specials and such, but all three groups are very valuable to us and we appreciate the opportunity to display our sales on the IAP, Yahoo and TPS. I would recommend taking advantage of the opportunity to do so yourself.

I've gone to "the other" gas station
I've gone to "the other" grocery store
I've even gone over to "the other" restuarant

Why this hang up over two words "the other" has be baffled. Get a life, there are more important things in this world to **** and moan about.

To set the record straight TPS for a short time had banned the letters PMG. Whenever one would tpye in those letters something else would be displayed.

For those without sin may cast the first stone.

arioux

Hi,

Altough i rarely post in this kind of topics,I will just put in my very humble opinion of beginner penturner. Why post a link to an Ebay listing that everyone can go by itself?
Then why post a link to Woodcraft, why post a link to AS, why post a link to CSU? We all can go there by ourself. Advertiser are important for us because there is dozens of place we can go by ourself but we don't always because there is to many of them. If they let us know what's going on on there site here (whatever it's private site or Ebaystore), i think it's like any other information and should be received as a pen turner (that's what we are isn't it) . I think that we are all old enough to decide if the offer is good or not. I don't buy some kits because i don't like them, or they are too expensive. I don't buy some wood because i don't like them. But when a supplier has something that i need or like a the price that i like, well i buy. I personnally hate FORD cars, i don't ask FORD to stop advertising at my favotite TV station because one day, they might come up with something that will catch me. Anyone that post in the Business advertisement of the site should be strictly looked as BUSINESS. Bottom line, post whatever and wherever you like, as long as you follow the rules and the admin let you do it.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for reading me,

Alfred

ilikewood

WWOOOOWWW!! How do you guys have so much time to type and read? [:p]

I've got a shop full of blanks to turn and "Honey-Do's", so I don't have time to debate the merits of all this stuff! LET'S GO TURN SOME WOOD!!!

mrcook4570

Originally posted by Ron in Drums PA
<br />I've gone to "the other" gas station
I've gone to "the other" grocery store
I've even gone over to "the other" restuarant

But never go to "the other woman" and let the wife find out [}:)][:p]

johnson

2006-04-06_113859_2006327151753_deadhorse.gif

Daniel

Daniel;

Please explain to me where his putting a link to an ebay auction that anyone (even a non-member) can click on and get to the auction gives anyone more reason to belong to this group?

Personally I could care less it he advertises on the site with links to his auctions. With posts like “Hi, I’ll be supplying pensâ€; I will just say this. No, you’ll not be supplying me anytime soon.
Certainly it would be a small benefit, but mainly in that information is consolidated here. One stop avenue for all things penturning.

Skye

Originally posted by woodbutcher
<br />There must not be much action over at The Pen Shop.[:(]
Jim

I'm also a member at Turbobricks.com think it's slow there?
I'm a member at HCBBOTW, think it's slow there?
Belong to volksrods.com, think it's slow there?

Of course, if that is your idea of logic, then it's pointless for me to even bother to ask.

woodbutcher

Actually I don't know you at all. I just find it curious that every week or so some one from the other site seems to throw a tantrum over what to me seems to be nothing. I no longer go to The Pen Shop. I'm not mad at the site or anyone for that matter. I really saw nothing there I couldn't get here. I am a full time turner and keep my time at the computer to a minimum. I am a father to 9 kids and donate time to a local private school. I don't have time to surf a lot. In the past I have gotten into some lively discussions with other folks here and probably hurt some feelings. It really served no purpose. Kind reminds me of this discussion. People with opinions and attitude. I made a one statement in a very short sentence. Last week it was Dario. This week it's someone else. That is what leads me to the thought the other sites action or rather lack of it may actually be the problem Get my drift...... or is this "pointless logic" over your head? [^]
Jim

M

Mudder

Originally posted by Daniel
<br />
Daniel;

Please explain to me where his putting a link to an ebay auction that anyone (even a non-member) can click on and get to the auction gives anyone more reason to belong to this group?

Personally I could care less it he advertises on the site with links to his auctions. With posts like “Hi, I’ll be supplying pensâ€; I will just say this. No, you’ll not be supplying me anytime soon.
Certainly it would be a small benefit, but mainly in that information is consolidated here. One stop avenue for all things penturning.

You don't seem to get my point. You don't have to be a member to see this post, or to click on his link. So where is the benefit to belonging to the forum?

Skye

Originally posted by woodbutcher
<br />Actually I don't know you at all. I just find it curious that every week or so some one from the other site seems to throw a tantrum over what to me seems to be nothing.

So, he's from TPS? Gee, that's funny, Chit was first a member here. So, if you're going to lable a user as someone being "from" one site or another, he's from <b>here</b>, not TPS.

Last week it was Dario. This week it's someone else. That is what leads me to the thought the other sites action or rather lack of it may actually be the problem Get my drift...... or is this "pointless logic" over your head?

You call that logic? You're wrong again. The whole blow up last week was because JW sent Dario a <b>PM</b>, not a public post, then Dario publicly posted here. Seeing how Dario hasnt posted at TPS in forever, Dario was a member <b>here</b> first, then according to your lable system, he's "from" here. So, again, it's not people "from" TPS causing these posts, that would be people "from" IAP.

Get your facts straight before making assumptions.

leehljp

Member Liaison
I find the posting with links to ebay very helpful. Because paying for ebay sales are done through a paypal membership, and because paypal's security issues are rough on people living in two countries, I just do not run to ebay searching for things. But when I am on forum that has links to special ebay auctions, I usually look at it, and learn from it - quality and available items, prices, etc.

I have learned a lot about snakewood (the quality that is available) that I would not have learned otherwise - by the posting of chitswood and those that interacted with him. I learn a lot by following other ebay links that I would not normally do going to ebay. Some might say this is lazy on my part - letting others do the findings and link postings rather than my own seraching, but that is OK with me. (I still will not freely surf and search there because I have difficulty in purchasing through paypal.) I find these links very helpful even though I do not buy from them. I would rather surf in my own privacy to these links than ask a lot of questions that I do not know how to ask. Dumb questions and posts usually get put down by one who is brilliant and wants to strut his knowledge.

These links do serve a good purpose for me, save me a lot of trouble, and speed up my learning curve. Thank you to those who do and thank you to this and other forums that do allow this.

Most Forums are for helping people. That is what this one is built upon, so I read. Not for putting them down . . . But there is always those on most forums who seem to enjoy that, or making fun of others. <u>This is quite different from constructive criticism, which is often asked for, or needed.</u>

What is the purpose of this forum - to help newbies as well as seasoned professionals or not? Add/offer information or not? What level of help?

I was amazed at the quick help to the guy from Michigan, and even the offer of tools - to one who wants to turn pens but does not have the money. WOW! That warms the heart! [:)]
Wish we all had this attitude in different situations.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
If someone would like to send me an email explaining how this discussion benefits this site, TPS, or anything else remotely related to penturning, I'll consider unlocking the topic.

Also, a few of these posts come awfully close to personal attacks. 'nuff said?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom