The new and improved Company pen,,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

stevers

Hi All,
OK, I finally got it. I nailed this one. The resin is perfect. The labels came out perfect, white and clean. No shifting, no yellowing, no major specks or marks on the white.
I believe it was a combination of things which proved successful. The better labels (Avery 8255's), letting the paint dry completely and letting the resin cure for over 24 hours. The better labels proved to print brighter and cleaner. The blue lettering is crisper on this pen than the first generation. The label seems to be whiter and cleaner looking also.
The prep was the same, as well as the mix and the pour. The only things I changed are mentioned above.

So here is the finished product. The first shot is hard to see, so I shot it on the blue background also.

20079551843_Co.%20pen%20400.jpg

20079552542_Co.pen2%20650.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Well done Steve!!!! Looks like your perseverance paid off.[8D]
Pity it cost you so much time and effort. [:(]
The good thing is that you and loads of other people ( me too )will learn from your hard work. [8D]

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Looks fantastic, Steve! Thanks for saving all those who come after you (who search the site and read) all that pain from learning it the hard way themselves.

I'm off to buy some labels.

GK

stevers

First lets find out if this process is for real. Let us do a few more blanks to test the theory's. Then we can talk tutorials.
Thanks all, this was definitely the best effort. I want to cast a "picture" in the next one. Maybe of our dog or kids or something. I'll have to figure out what to make it. I'll keep you all posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom