The addiction continues-carbon fiber pendant

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

Some how, some way I will get even with the people who started this addiction. A couple months ago I had an idea for a carbon fiber finial. I put a piece of cf on the bottom of a mixing cup that had about 1/16 inch dried pr in it, then poured another 1/16 inch over it. I put this carbon fiber puck away with the intention of using a plug cutter to remove a piece that I was going to use to replace the button on a Jr. Gent cap. When I read Maxman400's thread with his alumilite pendant, the bells and sirens went off. Out to the shop it was. The carbon fiber was a bit frayed on one side, but for my button I had plenty of material to work with. The pendant used most of it so the fray shows, but I actually like the way it looks, but what do I know, I am a madman now, he he he. It has a few scratches yet, but I will buff them out in the morning, I am sneaking off to bed now before LOML figures I been back out in the shop this late.

Attachments

• cf1 004.jpg
    cf1 004.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 354
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnirenberg

Looks great. I knew somebody would take this idea and run with it. As far as the addiction goes, do we need to do an intervention?

keithkarl2007

Some how, some way I will get even with the people who started this addiction. A couple months ago I had an idea for a carbon fiber finial. I put a piece of cf on the bottom of a mixing cup that had about 1/16 inch dried pr in it, then poured another 1/16 inch over it. I put this carbon fiber puck away with the intention of using a plug cutter to remove a piece that I was going to use to replace the button on a Jr. Gent cap. When I read Maxman400's thread with his alumilite pendant, the bells and sirens went off. Out to the shop it was. The carbon fiber was a bit frayed on one side, but for my button I had plenty of material to work with. The pendant used most of it so the fray shows, but I actually like the way it looks, but what do I know, I am a madman now, he he he. It has a few scratches yet, but I will buff them out in the morning, I am sneaking off to bed now before LOML figures I been back out in the shop this late.

sorry :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom