Thanksgiving!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mc

I would like to wish everyone safe travels and nothing but the best turkeys this Thanksgiving!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Thanks, Ron. I'll step in here and add my own best wishes to the US-contingent. One question, though? Why couldn't the Pilgrims have dined on 1-1/2" porterhouse steaks? [8D]

Thanks Ron for starting this.
Whether your country/ nation celebrates Thanksgiving tomorrow or on some other day, Happy Thanksgiving. I thank God for so many, new and wonderful friends who are also penturners. I pray that He will bless you and keep you safe whether you are travelling, or in the kitchen, or especially in the shop.

JimGo

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I'm very thankful for Jeff for giving us such a great place to get together, and I'm thankful for all the great friends, and great information, I've gotten here in the (almost) two years that I've been a member here.

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
HAppy thanks giving!
I'll be in the shop by 6:30A.M..I am taking saurday off from 12-3
AS far as the steaks go, Sometimes you need to eat turkey to truly appreciate the steaks.
If I were one of the Pilgrims I would have taken Ma to 5 guys for a great Cheeze burger with the works!

mick

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope we all take tomorrow and every other day to think on the things we have and to be truly thankful that we live in a country that allows us the freedom to enjoy them.

woodchuckd

Thank you and may I add my wishes to those expresssed that you all have a great holiday. Don't eat everything you put on your plate or, if you're like me, you won't have room for pie![:D]

Malainse

Wishing everyone a safe turkey day....

I just loaded up the smoker, 18 lb turkey and 8 extra legs. Will add the salmon in the am....[:D]

PenWorks

My clan is heading north to Prescott and some cooler weather for a deep fried bird at my in laws.
I like to wish all the safest and happiest of holidays as we all count our blessings.

Now if Columbus would have finished the job, we would all be eating pasta tomarrow [:)]

Happy Thanksgiving.

jeffj13

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br /> One question, though? Why couldn't the Pilgrims have dined on 1-1/2" porterhouse steaks? [8D]

Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless you all.

Lou, I read the other day that for the first Thanksgiving the pilgrims did not eat turkey, but probably lobster. Would that work?

jeff

fiferb

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Please take a moment and say a prayer for our men and women in the service who are diligent in their duty and away from their families on this holiday. Thank you!

Originally posted by jeffj13
<br />
<br /> One question, though? Why couldn't the Pilgrims have dined on 1-1/2" porterhouse steaks? [8D]

Lou, I read the other day that for the first Thanksgiving the pilgrims did not eat turkey, but probably lobster. Would that work?

jeff

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

I also read that it was seafood for the first Thanksgiving.

wood-of-1kind

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American friends. Wish that it was a holiday for us as well in Canada. I really like turkey but Anthony knows best 'pasta can't be beat'. Enjoy the celebration.

-Peter-[:)]

rapost

Happy Thanksgiving and my prayers for those that are away from their families for whatever reason and for the children of the workd that have no families!!

On a less serious note: I'm thankful I'm not cutting the turkey this year!! I thought I'd go down to the shop early and get started on a few cigars for Christmas - 3 out of 4 bottom barrels are about 1/16 - 1/8 inch short!! [:I] Looks like there might be a few pens with custom "accent bands" under the tree!!! [:D][:D]

Like I always say Measure two or three times and still cut it wrong!! [:(]

splinter99

If I make a lagre jam chuck I think I can mount the turkey on the lathe and carve it with a large roughing gouge..turkey ribbons will be served at 1.00

happy thanksgiving everyone

"we went back to the church and had another thanksgiving dinner that cant be beat" Arlo Guthrie..Alices Reataurant

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Originally posted by jeffj13
<br />

jeff

Mmmmm....with plenty of clarified butter....<b>and</b> a 1-1/2" thick porterhouse...Surf and Turf for Thanksgiving...add 1/4 of a pumpkin pie and 1/4 of a pecan pie...Take a nap...then go back a couple of hours later for seconds!

bmac

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at IAP and our thought and prayers to the service men and women who are away from their family and loved ones. Godspeed and a safe return home.

Bobby
Louisiana

twoofakind

Eagle,
I agree with you on the 5 guy's burger, I just had one last night. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and all who travel I wish you luck and hope you have a good time.
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom