Ten cheese slicers getting finish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mmayo

mmayo

After a considerable delay in availability of cheese slicer mechanisms I can finally restore my inventory. My home brew of mineral oil and organic beeswax works well. Three hours of saturation helps to penetrate the wood. I use cherry, maple and walnut as the base wood around the inlays.

Attachments

• 7BD0AB74-F394-4082-A9F5-789617F0532A.jpeg
    7BD0AB74-F394-4082-A9F5-789617F0532A.jpeg
    475.1 KB · Views: 130
  • FB11C1A9-8DE7-42D4-AA52-6A0B9313B95A.jpeg
    FB11C1A9-8DE7-42D4-AA52-6A0B9313B95A.jpeg
    439.4 KB · Views: 130
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

After a considerable delay in availability of cheese slicer mechanisms I can finally restore my inventory. My home brew of mineral oil and organic beeswax works well. Three hours of saturation helps to penetrate the wood. I use cherry, maple and walnut as the base wood around the inlays.
Very Cool. I like the shorter distance (2-inches) from the cut to the end of the board that the small cheese cutters give, however, I like the longer cut distance of the large kits. I haven't done it yet, but I've been thinking about trying to cut about a half inch or so from both sides of the cutter arm to see if I can make a modified board with the long kit but with a shorter distance.

Do you think I have a chance of success or would I just be wasting a kit and board?

Dave

mmayo

Very Cool. I like the shorter distance (2-inches) from the cut to the end of the board that the small cheese cutters give, however, I like the longer cut distance of the large kits. I haven't done it yet, but I've been thinking about trying to cut about a half inch or so from both sides of the cutter arm to see if I can make a modified board with the long kit but with a shorter distance.

Do you think I have a chance of success or would I just be wasting a kit and board?

Dave
I would not know how to determine it. I admit to using the directions and directions almost exactly and I get perfect results. Mine is called a long arm mechanism. Best of luck.

egnald

I would not know how to determine it. I admit to using the directions and directions almost exactly and I get perfect results. Mine is called a long arm mechanism. Best of luck.
Thanks. I think that is what mine is called too. They are pretty much the same as the ones that WoodCraft sells, but I get mine from CheeseSlicing LLC in Sheboygan, WI.

Bryguy

Where are you getting your kits from? I've been looking for them for about three months and everyone was out of stock.

mmayo

I now have six of each for six categories of cheese slicer in my home inventory. The gallery has three of each category. Whew!

Back to shave sets, Saturns, bottle stoppers and seam rippers.

I must be wicked!

Top Bottom