Taste of blood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DozerMite

Banned
I just got back from the oral surgeon. I had to have an impacted wisdom tooth removed...#17. It took longer than expected, he said it was stubborn.
The vicodin he gave me isn't doing much and I have the taste of blood.
I can't open my mouth (the wife is in heaven) so I won't be able to eat very well. I have an ice pack wrapped around my head because he said it will swell.
As long as I don't get that dry socket crap! I guess I will survive.

Not my favorite day.:frown:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alphageek

Former Moderator
Oh... Just reading that brings back painful memories... Back in college I had a wisdom tooth removed. It didn't want to come out either - they had to break it in 3 pieces and I swear they bruised my jaw. I sat at work for a week with an icepack, typing with one hand.

Good luck with your recovery!!

Akula

I'm getting one removed next Monday

I broke it yesterday and the swelling started quick. Trip to the Dentist today for the meds.
Have not got anything else done and I do have a lot of things to finish...argh

traderdon55

You have my sympathy as a wisdom tooth caused me just about the most pain I ever felt in my life. I had one grow in crooked up to another tooth and the dentist got the bright idea to cut off part of it off with his drill to where he could pull it.Needless to say when he tried to pull it it broke into several pieces and it felt like he was digging around with a crowbar trying to dig all the pieces out. As usual I did not take a prescription for pain meds because I never filled them anyway. Needless to say this was done on a Friday and the next day I would have given anything to have had some but being a Saturday there was no way to get any. I spent all day saturday still feeling that crowbar digging around in my mouth.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
You have my complete sympathy....

but your post timing is terrible, I am having two pulled next week, the only way that's happening is for them to knock me out and wake me up when they are done..

I offer my sympathy too... I've had lots of dental work and it's all been painful.... I don't think I ever cut my wisdom teeth... does that mean I have no wisdom??:eek::biggrin::biggrin: I don't remember ever having them out and I know there aren't any back there.... I do remember my trips to the dentist in the navy... I had to have some facial work done on my front teeth when I went in... the doctor put 6 shots of novocaine in my front gums.... my eyebrows were numb, he punctured a sinus cavity, my nose was numb, I think my ears were numb, but I felt EVERY touch of the drill on my front teeth.... I re-contoured the arms of his dental chair... I'm sure they have a distinct upwards curl where I pulled the up.... and when it was all done, no pain medication.... I sympathize with you!!

Rick_G

Had an impacted wisdom taken out when I was in the air force dentist had his assistant, a real big bruiser hold my head steady while he pounded away with something to break it up. Sent my home with a handful of 222's and told me to take 3 days off. I got dry socket and it was a good month before I was out of pain. Nearly 45 years ago and I still hate going to the dentist. Hope yours turns out much better.

Padre

You have my sympathy my friend. I hate tooth/jaw pain. I'll say a prayer for a quick recovery for you.

DozerMite

Banned
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the thoughts.

Today, it feels a little better but, it's still bleeding a little. My throat is sore along with my ear and upper jaw. I got about one hour of actual sleep lastnight. I'm going to take a shower and see if I can catch up on what I missed lastnight.
The paper the surgeon gave me says that dry socket can occure anytime within five days. Four more to go...:frown:. If I can avoid that, I think I will be fine in a few days.

I hope everything goes well for those preparing to go in for this. My thoughts will be with you.

I feel your pain. I got a rotten tooth removed about 2 months ago. I heard it rip from my jaw, started sweating, ears ringing and passed out. The other tooth they pulled was not near as bad seeing as I was passed out.:eek:

DozerMite

Banned
Rinse your mouth with sea salt and warm water it will help it heal quicker.

That's what my paperwork says to do. Along with some other stuff.

How are you feeling today??

I'm feeling better. Thanks for asking.

The Vicodin doesn't seem to do anything for pain (it sure will make you sick to your stomache though) so I tried Advil. It works much better and I've only taken a few of them today. So I guess it is healing and I hope it continues on this path.

Hess

FYI take the cotton out and place a wet Tea bag in place the tanic acid well help with the bleeding, pain

sbwertz

Mine were all wrapped around the jawbone so that I had to have general anesthesia in the hospital and had all 4 of them broken up and taken out in pieces. Not fun.

Padre

Mine were all wrapped around the jawbone so that I had to have general anesthesia in the hospital and had all 4 of them broken up and taken out in pieces. Not fun.

YUUUUCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom