Surf and Turf Christmas Ornaments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ThePenWizard

ThePenWizard

I made these using sea urchins. I like these and they sell very well. If you want to see more check out the web site under Christmas Ornaments, I did not want to load to many on the forum.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 313
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Woodlvr

Those are gorgeous Joe. Nice work. I am curious how they are held together but I do not want know how you make them so I will not infringe on your ideas. Keep up the great work.

patsikes

Very nice!

Did you fill the shells with anything? I have heard you an use spray foam insulation (the expanding kind) to fill them and it makes them more stable.

KenV

There was an article in the American Woodturner last year on making those. The author recommended filling the cavity with insulation foam to provide additional protection to the urchen shell. The Author also was using a dowel to join the top and bottom finials. The author advised that the dowl kept the shell from taking any shocks or stresses.

Nice effect --- looking good

ThePenWizard

I have made alot of these and this is the first I heard of filling them with foam, GREAT idea. Although I have never (knock on wood) had any brake when they fell of the tree. Thanks to all for the good advice.

Top Bottom