Not a pendant

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from YoYoSpin

YoYoSpin

Bloodwood earrings measure about 3" across.

1_earring1a.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

Hey Ed, Good to see you back. Nice Earrings, but I wonder how wearable they would be. Have you had anybody try wearing them for a while? What do they weigh compared to other types of earrings?

markgum

awesome. Thanks for the link. A friend asked me about making some and I have been searching for 'hardware'.

robutacion

Hey Ed, Good to see you back. Nice Earrings, but I wonder how wearable they would be. Have you had anybody try wearing them for a while? What do they weigh compared to other types of earrings?

Actually, is a good point, I've seen women (and not only:eek::eek::eek::wink:) wearing earrings that I wonder how long they can stand those things "hanging" form their ears :eek:, apart from looking painful, how much does a ear-hole cope with before it starts to stretch and open like some of those Indigenous women from many African and Amazon areas...!:)

Well, I actually have a wood that is the lightest thing I ever seen, the Macrocarpa would certainly make some extraordinarily light weight earrings...!:wink:

While I never worked with bloodwood, it looks a very dense wood just by looking to the grain...! how heavy is it or how heavy are those nicely made earrings, Ed...???

PS: Nice clear pics too...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

YoYoSpin

I tried to anticipate the weight issue by making the turned blanks very thin – about 1/24" thick. Each earring weighs in at 8 grams or 0.2 ounces – they are large, but weight shouldn't be a problem.

andyk

Fire Mountain is strictly wholesale. If you don't have a vendors license you can go to Michael's for jewelry findings.

Top Bottom