Steel City tools...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

NancyLaird

We just bought the 15" planer and it's great. Relatively quiet, well built, well finished. Needed no adjustments right out of the crate.[^]

Now we are waiting for the jointer to come it! The truck is late![:(]

Nancy

massman

The local Woodcraft store sells the mini lathes that Steel City makes, and uses them for their classes as well. The old-timers that work there swear they are much better than the Jet.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks everyone for your responses..

Last month I went looking for a drum sander, and after looking at the Deltas and Performaxs, was told my local Woodcraft was considering ordering Steel City products. So far, everyone who has heard of Steel City has good things to say about them.

woodman928

I bought the Drill press and its great has a 6" quil travel and an adjustment to take any play out of the spindle very well made. I will be buying more machines from them and I used to run only Powermatic in my woodshop. [:D][:D]
Jay

tipusnr

I just looked at their website and can't find prices! Is this another one of those "if you have to ask you can't afford it" places or do wholesale only and let their retailers set the prices?

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
From what I have heard, they are very new on the scene, and only are selling through resellers.
My local woodcraft store will be selling their products soon, as I have been told.
I have also been told they are very reasonably priced.

woodman928

I have found the price to be very good they are well built machines. I am able to go to my dealer to look them over and able to compare to Powermatic, Jet, Delta, General, ShopFox, etc. I can say for sure I will be buying more of their machines. My supplyer is Ballew Saw & Tool great people to deal with and ship anywhere. They do have a web site so just do a surch to get there phone#.
Jay [:D]
And no I do not work for Ballew I have just been a very happy customer of theirs for the past 23 years.[:)]

shawn394

You can also find these tools at Woodworkers Supply. http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/home.exe

I have looked at their mini lathe online but would like to see one in person.

Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom