Start Casting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I would not use glass for a stabilizing chamber. Then again, I do not believe glass has a place in my shop period. There is just too much of a chance it may get knocked over and hit the floor. Cleaning up spilled resin is bad enough. Cleaning up spilled resin with glass fragments is just not what I would like to be doing with my spare time!

That said, I have used pickle jars in the past with success. That was before I realized there were other materials that could be used. And no, I am not saying any of this because I sell vacuum chambers. If you look on my site, I sell my chambers at what they cost me to make so there is no profit motive for me to offer this advice.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BJohn

Chamber

I don't doubt the quality or the price. I used to be Ham Radio and other then the complexity of the modern digital transceivers. I built a lot of my other gear.

To me that is a lot of the fun. Then seeing the end result is icing on the cake.

But others like to to just buy and get with it.

By chance are you going to be at SWAT again this year? Not sure if it was you in person or a representative that was there last year? Before I going building a chamber. I will take a look at yours. I saw them last year but at just about to turn 60, just remember the details.

Who knows may have one built by then and buy some juice there at Waco.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
John,

By no means was I discouraging you from making your own chamber! I was just discouraging you from making it from glass. Especially if you get this great idea to go down to Hobby Lobby and buy a glass vase...a member here tried that...it imploded. I am fully on board with liking to make my own stuff. I do it too.

Yes, I will be ast SWAT again this year without a doubt! And yes, that was me, not a representative. There is only me and one part time college student helper here!

BJohn

I can see a thin walled vase just imploding. And what a mess would that be to clean up.

I am going to start looking around, for now I gave up the idea of the pressure pot being used for stabilization.

See you in Waco, by the way it is 44 day's away 'But who is counting'

BJohn

Finished building my HF pressure pot last night. Tonight I will take picture and post it tomorrow.

Also plan on pressurizing the pot, and check for leaks around the fittings.

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED.

BJohn

Was wondering if you can use one of these molds with alumilite in a pressure pot?

PTownSubbie.com - Sierra Series Silicone Molds
SierraSeries.html

Seems like it would either shrink or collapse under the pressure.

Attachments

• Slim_small.jpg
    Slim_small.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Top Bottom