Stalling issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

H2O

Not my machines, but my wife's truck.
I'm not a mechanic and haven't done any type of in depth repair work on vehicles, but after doing tons of research to find out the possible cause and finding out what it would cost to have a mechanic fix it, I decided to give it a try.
I needed to change the IAC valve, which was pretty easy.
Then I needed to change the TP sensor, which was a whole other animal. I needed to remove the throttle body to access the stripped screws, and to do this, I needed to remove many hoses and wires.
I got it all put back together, and surprisingly, it started right up. So far, it has been running great, but we will see if it lasts.
I even gained almost four MPG after the repairs.

tbroye

Good for you. I really a good feeling when you can fix your vehicle. Now a day it is hard to diagnose with all the electronics on cars and trucks. I bought a OBDII Scanner and Manual with what the codes mean. I also have repair manuals for all 3 vehicles. The Ford Expedition and Toyota Tacoma I can work on if I decide but both have been very reliable. My wife bought a 2011 Mini Cooper Clubman, why? she alway wanted one. I did my research and as this was a Certified Preowned Vehicle with the remainder of the Factory Warranty and Service Contract, I had her purchase the extended warranty and service contract offered by BMW/Mini so it is covered for another 4 years and to 100K miles. There is now way I will even try to work on it, Bought the manual and it is over my head, everything is electric and very hard to get at. To get a serpentine belt, remove Right front Wheel and inner fender lining, not thanks that being said it cost $450 to change the plugs on the Ford Expedition which is something I won't even attempt thank god it's only every 100K. Every thing I have learned about work on cars is out the window now even changing oil is full of Government regulation and fees. The car I feel comfortable working on is my 60+ year old V8-60 midget.

H2O

My truck doesn't have a TP sensor, I have to actually look at the roll to know how much I have left.:biggrin::wink:

So, maybe the problem is an empty roll?
I should have installed a mega roll. :tongue::wink:

Top Bottom