New Tool Gloat

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
So I won the $50 CSUSA GC that skewer (Jeff Flinchum) donated for the recent NCAA bracket challenge contest.

I spent a lot of time studying the CSUSA web site trying to select the perfect thing for this prize. I finally settled on this Henry Taylor radius scraper -- it just arrived today.
Henry Taylor M2 HSS Ray Key Signature Radius Scraper

It was $53.95, so I threw in a few bucks to make up the difference & cover shipping.

Thanks for your generous donation, Jeff. This tool will get a lot of great use & I'll think of you each time I use it.

I can't wait to see what I'll win next year. :wink:

Attachments

• 2015BracketChallengePrize.jpg
    2015BracketChallengePrize.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fay Prozora

I have a set of two scrapers similar to that one. The other day I got a set of bead cutters and it was a set of 4 and I also got a spindle master tool. I can't seem to master the skew chisel. I get nasty spiral shape catches every time I try. I'm hoping the spindle master will help a lot. I have been watching videos on these tools. I'll take a picture when it gets here but the bead cutters will come in handy. So once I get the pictures taken you could say I have a tool gloat going on too. Have fun with that tool. You'll love it... Fay

JimB

Congrats Edgar and great choice of tools. I have a slight larger version of that and I love it. It is my ' go to' tool for bowls right after my largest bowl gouge. Have fun!

JimB

I have a set of two scrapers similar to that one. The other day I got a set of bead cutters and it was a set of 4 and I also got a spindle master tool. I can't seem to master the skew chisel. I get nasty spiral shape catches every time I try. I'm hoping the spindle master will help a lot. I have been watching videos on these tools. I'll take a picture when it gets here but the bead cutters will come in handy. So once I get the pictures taken you could say I have a tool gloat going on too. Have fun with that tool. You'll love it... Fay

Fay - I was watching an Alan Lacer video on the skew and he said and demonstrated that the spirals are caused when you don't ride the bevel. He demonstrated it by starting a planing cut and then he raised the handle a tiny bit so the bevel was no longer rubbing and he instantly got one of those spiral catches. I learned a lot from his video.

Top Bottom