Stainless Steel polish

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Paul, I make a few pens from stainless and dont use anything specific.
For me, hours of sanding through all the grits with wet n dry to 2000 pretty much gets it there.
Then I use whatever is to hand....could be the Auto Super Resin polish I normally use on plastics or even good old Brasso.
I used to use my buffing wheels with the three coloured sticks, but tend not to anymore as I've had too many finished parts getting flung across my shop. 😀

jttheclockman

Paul, I make a few pens from stainless and dont use anything specific.
For me, hours of sanding through all the grits with wet n dry to 2000 pretty much gets it there.
Then I use whatever is to hand....could be the Auto Super Resin polish I normally use on plastics or even good old Brasso.
I used to use my buffing wheels with the three coloured sticks, but tend not to anymore as I've had too many finished parts getting flung across my shop. 😀
So that was the meteor I saw shooting through the sky :) Pen parts.

BKelley

I used Lee coumpounds years ago, 1st run was with a 600 grit greaseless compound on a stitched wheel that was cracked real well. 2nd run was a gray compound on a loose muslin wheel and final run was a white compound on a loose cotton wheel. The wheels were 12” on 3/4 hp Baldor unit.

Ben

Top Bottom