Stainless Steel and Wood Ice Cream Scoop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

I have not been on the internet as much as usual because I have been doing quite a bit of traveling which is another one of my hobby's .

While I was down in USA I found a dollar store that had some of those $1.00 stainless steel ice cream scoops with the plastic handle. I removed the handle and turned a wood one to replace it .

I only got four to try them out so it's one down and three to go.
I expect these to be good craft sale items in the summer craft sales. Time will tell.

BirchIceCreamScoop.jpg

IcecreamScoop2Small.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
William,
Those are great.. what kind of wood did you use and what's the finish... might have to "borrow" your idea for craft shows... Need you to travel to US and get more....we need the stimulus of all that Canadian business down here we can get.

Next time I'm in town, I'll check our dollar store to see if they carry the plastic handled ones... if not, will have to go to the big city to see if they have them at the Wally-world... our little town has 5 stores... 2 hardware, 1 grocery, 1 drugstore and a dollar store
Oh, forgot, we also have a beer store.. no liquor-no wine, just beer and cigarettes.

Pen Maker

Oh, forgot, we also have a beer store.. no liquor-no wine, just beer and cigarettes.

Well your one UP on Lynchburg, They's only got the Diner and the Mini-Mart and one o' them's closes at Three.

W.Y.

William,
Those are great.. what kind of wood did you use and what's the finish... might have to "borrow" your idea for craft shows... Need you to travel to US and get more....we need the stimulus of all that Canadian business down here we can get.

The wood in that one is birch out of the firewood pile . . I am going to turn the other three and might use some different woods.The finish is fast dry polyurethane.

In an ongoing discussion on them in my Woodworking Friends site there is talk about the Dollar store ones looking "cheap" and apparently in USA , Walmart has one for double the price ($2.00) which looks stronger. That would probably be much more than $2.00 in the Canadian Walmart stores so I will check both ways . .
I have tried to bend the dollar store one and it wouldn't bend unless a person put it in a vice and reefed on it. . It is very strong and would never bend on the hardest ice cream. But if the Walmart one looks better I might try them just for appearances. .
I do help out your US economy and ours is just about as bad. I live in a border town six miles from the US/Cdn border and being on seniors pension I shop where prices are best in order to make ends meet and USA prices are WAY lower on most things even when considering the 80 cent value of the Canadian dollar.
Even gasoline cost 35 cents a liter less just over the border so I have not filled up with gas in Canada for years unless going on a long trip where there is no access to the border. There is appoox 4 liters to a US gallon.

Top Bottom