Spalted Oak

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from WoodChucker

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodChucker

Another Cigar pen made from Spalted Oak and finished with friction polish. I really like this stuff.:)
CigarSpaltOak.jpg

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Another beauty from the WoodChucker! Now if you could just tell me WHY we're getting 6 inches of snow today I'd be real happy! [:D]

WoodChucker

Thanks Lou! I can't tell you why, but I'm glad it's there and not here. [:D] I'm sick of winter. [:(]

Thanks Tom! Appreciate the comments.

JimGo

RT, I'm about to start a Spalted Oak pen (well, about is relative...I'm getting the same snow Lou is!). Did you run into any problems? Any hints or suggestions?

WoodChucker

Jim, I had no problems at all, this stuff turns easy and takes a finish very well. I think you will really like this stuff. [:)]

tomwojeck

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Another beauty from the WoodChucker! Now if you could just tell me WHY we're getting 6 inches of snow today I'd be real happy! [:D]

Lou,

It's my wife's fault. She put up her spring wreath on monday.

JimGo

RT, thanks for the reply, especially when I forgot to compliment you on the pen in the first place! VERY nice pen! I hope mine looks half as good!

WoodChucker

Thanks everyone!

Jim, that's no problem and thanks for letting me know you liked it.

Fred, yes that's where it came from. Did you get in on it? Hope so, because it's some nice stuff. [:)]

Tom, you didn't comment on my pen, but I still appreciate you stopping by to give us the weather report. [:D] J/K

tomwojeck

Originally posted by WoodChucker
<br />Thanks everyone!

Jim, that's no problem and thanks for letting me know you liked it.

Fred, yes that's where it came from. Did you get in on it? Hope so, because it's some nice stuff. [:)]

Tom, you didn't comment on my pen, but I still appreciate you stopping by to give us the weather report. [:D] J/K

RT,

Sorry 'bout that![B)] I really do love the pen. I especially like the finish. It has nice depth to it. If you don't mind me asking, which FP did you use? I haven't been able to master the CA finish, so I like to try different finishes.

WoodChucker

Thanks everyone!

Tom, I was only kidding around, but I think you know that. The finish I use is from CSUSA it's a friction polish with there name on it. I've been using a pen for a few months now that was finished with it and it's holding up great, looks as good as new. Thanks for the nice comments! [:)]

TomC

Hello Woodchucker, i really like your pen, it's one of the nicest ones I've seen so far. I can't seem to find that kind of wood any where, can you please tell me where you got it? Thank you.

Tom

WoodChucker

Hi Tom,

You are a smart man and have excellent taste. [:D]

Actually, I don’t think you have looked around to much, there are lots of pens nicer then this one (all mine of course). [:p]

I got the wood from Rich, who is a member here also. Just look in the classified section here and you should see his post. If you have any problems finding it, just let me know and I’ll help you out.

Thanks for the nice compliment and welcome to the form!

R.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom