Sometimes you just want to make a decent pen or two

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sly Dog

Sly Dog

Hi folks-
After a spate of failed efforts with segmenting lately I got impatient just to make a couple of pens that were, well, pretty! So I am posting pics of my two latest.

First is a pheasant feather blank I bought from Exotics in a Sierra Nomad. Easy blank to turn and just beautiful-got a nice finish from micro-mesh so I stopped there and did not polish or buff. I'm finding that I am fully capable of trying to go too far with finishing to the detriment of the final product.

Second is a pretty Indian Rosewood blank I bought from Joe S (wood128, I think) in a Jr. Milton fountain pen. Only my second FP and will go to my brother-in-law who likes them. CA finish and, again, micro-mesh only. The photos may not do justice to the two tones of the Rosewood; this was a really gorgeous lot of IR E23BADF6-AC07-4042-836C-EE3BBBF36F56.jpeg5B643384-D6F7-435C-BA49-4FA01DAEB720.jpegD5DADA0F-ADCB-4D35-B59A-BC5F877AD386.jpeg3DB5CAC2-F730-4784-AFC1-61B6A1028011.jpeg13F0FE55-BFC3-4002-99C5-92BC523A5F12.jpegfrom Joe.

Have a great week!
Russ

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Oh yeah !! . I remember you buying that IR !!!. . Very nice pen, Russ .... thanks for showing !!

The feather pen is beautiful too !! . Nice work !!

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I'll second your thoughts on "just want to make a decent pen." I went through that last week, and had fun. Eyesight issues are moving me back to nice wood pens.

Beautiful duo. The Jr Milton is new to me, looks nice, I'll need to explore it.

Very well done.

Sly Dog

I'll second your thoughts on "just want to make a decent pen." I went through that last week, and had fun. Eyesight issues are moving me back to nice wood pens.

Beautiful duo. The Jr Milton is new to me, looks nice, I'll need to explore it.

Very well done.
Thanks Mark...hope you are okay! I consider you to be St. Mark, the patron saint of segmenting, so I hope you can continue to do so.

Thanks all for the kind words.
Russ

Top Bottom