Some Wands

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BigguyZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigguyZ

A coworker who had seen my pens asked if I could do anything larger than a pen. I said yes. Then he asked if I could make wands for his kids.

I don't think I'll be doing these regularly, but it was interesting.

200792819256_DSCF0696.jpg

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Put a "back scratcher" on the end and they sell. Did them years ago. Trouble is price point is about $12 and I didn't know how to drill the end (at the time) straight.

richstick1

Look pretty good - fun when you get thin out there and the wood starts wobbling [:p] I like the shape of the middle one.

I'm making a birdseye maple and walnut wand for my daughter right now - yep, she wants to be Hermione Grainger for Haloween[:D] I was working on one of BEM and Padauk last night, took one last cut on the padauk right where it rose up to the joint with the BEM and BOOM - I could see the dowel I used to glue the pieces up [:(!] It was good pratice though, and I had actually decided I didn't like the padauk - I think the walnut will make a nicer wand, as I think it has more magical power than the padauk... Oh, and it goes better with the BEM too [:)]

mbellek

I've actually seen a couple people on eBay and Etsy selling "wands" -- some sell it as like a Harry Potter thing -- and people buy them for conventions or keepsakes of Harry Potter. And others sell them as paraphanelia for "pagan or wicca (witchcraft) rites" which I think is a little weird, but hey, to each his own, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom